United States of America
For college juniors who would like to take a closer look at Chevron, Procurement/Supply Chain sponsors a summer internship program. Participants will intern as a Business Analyst or Procurement Specialist where they will gain a better understanding of Chevron’s business and learn more about its people and culture. Internship assignments mirror the experience and responsibilities of Procurement/Supply Chain professionals. The experience is challenging and rewarding.
As a Procurement/Supply Chain summer intern, you will be asked to complete a variety of tasks and may work on several projects simultaneously. The position provides various supply chain analyses, internal and external market research studies, as well as data and process analysis to Procurement management and operating company Procurement Teams. Participants will have opportunities to interact with senior managers, current program members, and program alumni.
Assignments and duties are driven by organizational and business needs. Assignments could include one or more projects within the following areas:
- Buying and Expediting,
- Market Intelligence,
- Spend Analysis,
- Rate Competitiveness Studies,
- Material Inventory Tracking,
- Procurement and Business Process Reviews.
Full-time positions may be offered to selected interns at the end of the internship.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Chevron seeks talented college juniors pursuing a Supply Chain Management degree. Ideal candidates:
- Have strong academic performance and career interest in Supply Chain Management.
- Possess leadership potential.
- Are open to learning and exploring a variety of Procurement/Supply Chain business areas.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and business skills.
- Can innovate and look beyond standard practices.
- Exhibit excellent communication abilities.
- Value teamwork, diversity, and integrity.