This is a four day training focusing on using body movement as a method in engaging and working with young people. The aim of the training is to support youth workers in understanding how to use different body movement and drama techniques for facilitating learning and personal development when working with diverse groups of young people.
Objectives of the training is as follows:
- To support young peoples physical and mental health and wellbeing through the medium of drama.
- To understand and implement different body movement methodologies that will support social inclusion amongst the groups of young people participants work with.
- To be able to provide tools for youth workers to create a safe and supportive space for young peoples self expression.
- To explore the benefits and challenges of using these methods in your work with young people.
- To provide a space for youth workers to learn more about Erasmus+ in a youth work context.
A number of different non- formal methodologies will be used throughout the training, examples include; drama, dance improvisation, improv theatre, reflective practice and group work. It is encouraged that participants come to the training with an open mind and are willing to engage in all aspects of the programme.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This is a training for youth workers working with young people on a regular basis. We hope that participants selected will be able to apply the skills and methodologies learned back to their organisations and also with the groups of young people they work with. In terms of experience, this training is for participants with little or no experience in drama and body movement. Applicants with more experience are welcomed, however are required to know that the training will be focusing at a beginners level.
Deadline: September 18, 2019
Program Starts: November 05, 2019
Program Ends: November 08, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
Accommodation and food
Unless specified otherwise, the hosting National Agency or SALTO Resource Centre of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
Please contact your National Agency (NA) or SALTO Resource Centre (SALTO) in order to know whether they would support your travel costs. If yes, after being selected, get in touch with your NA or SALTO again to learn more about the overall procedure to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.