Hungary Italy Netherlands Spain Worldwide
Can you travel across Europe in 7 days with Red Bull as your only currency?
1. Scoring: Teams will earn points on their journey in 3 ways: Completed Checkpoint Challenges, Social Score, and Completed Adventure List Challenges.
2. If you can't make it: Making it all the way across Europe is no easy feat, and there may be some teams that can’t complete the task. If a team decides they can't make it, they can either break into their emergency envelope to use their personal funds to get to Berlin, or contact Central Command who be able to arrange for the team to be transported back home. Serious violation of the Terms & Conditions, Code of Honor, or the law can result in a team being disqualified from Red Bull Can You Make It? In this case, the team will be responsible for their own transport home immediately.
3. Code of Honor: During the event, teams can be disqualified for violating the Code of Honor.
CODE OF HONOR:
- No use of money. The Participant is not allowed to earn, accept or use any form of currency other than that provided by Red Bull.
- No use of personal or borrowed mobile phones, computers, tablets or other devices except for the officially supplied event device.
- Teams must use the officially supplied event device to upload photos, videos and other content along their journey and track their progress.
- No pre-organized modes of travel (e.g. arranging a friend to drive the Participant somewhere).
- No severe sabotage of the other participating teams.
- Act in accordance with the legal boundaries in each country the Participant visits. If unsure, please contact Central Command (7.11) for clarification.
- No parting of the team at any time. All traveling and all checkpoint challenges must be completed as a trio.
- Each team must visit a minimum of 6 Checkpoints.
- If a team member breaks one of these rules, the entire team will be disqualified. The respective team will be responsible for its safe return back home.
The Promotion - comprises of the following different phases within the Promotion Period:
- The Registration Phase starts on October 1, 2019 at 00:00 (midnight) CET (or local time zone equivalent), and ends on February 17, 2020 at 23:59 CET (or local time zone equivalent).
- The Selection Phase starts with the social voting selection which begins on February 18, 2020 at 18:00 CET (or local time zone equivalent), and ends on February 24, 2020 at 23:59 CET (or local time zone equivalent), followed by the judging panel selection which and starts on February 25, 2020 at 00:00 (midnight) CET (or local time zone equivalent), and ends on March 8, 2020 at 17:00 CET (or local time zone equivalent).
- The Final Phase starts on April 21, 2020 at 12:00 (noon) CET (or local time zone equivalent), and ends on April 28, 2020 at 15:00 CET (or local time zone equivalent).
Only by completing the above phases will the Participant enter the Promotion. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Promotion entries cannot be returned.
- If the Participant fulfils the eligibility criteria set out above for participation, the Participant will be able to register him or herself and his or her team online on the Website during the Registration Phase. Each participating team must consist of 3 team members. In order to successfully register, each Participant must enter his or her personal details as part of the team registration: first and last name, gender, date of birth and e-mail address. In addition, the following team info will have to be provided: team country (where all 3 members are residents), name of the university that at least one member of the team is currently attending, team name, team avatar/photo, a description explaining the team personality, the application questions answered and an URL to the Participant’s application video (why should the Participant’s team be chosen to compete?) that the Participants will have to upload via Youtube or Vimeo to the Website (“Submitted Content”). The Participant’s video should be no more than 60 seconds in length.
- The right to participate in the Promotion is personal and non-transferable. Organizer undertakes to ensure transparency and to log the selection process appropriately in order for the results to be verified.
- Selection phase is divided into a 2 step process of social voting and selection. Once the registration phase is over and You have uploaded and submitted Your Submitted Content to the Website, members of the public will vote for their favourite Submitted Content, based on creativity, "charm" of their application, energy and adventure factor to determine the top teams per country (“Finalists”) (“Social Voting”), which will then be eligible to be selected by the Judges. The number of Finalists will be equal to 25% of the total number of applications for each country. However, the minimum shall be at least four times the country team quota (found in the list below 6.7). For example, Austria will have 4 teams in its country team quota. If Austria has 100 applications, they should have 25 Finalists (25%). If Austria has 20 applications, they should have 16 Finalists (four times more than their country quota). Any decimal numbers will be rounded up to the next whole number (eg. 3,2 would be rounded to 4).
- Users may vote multiple times throughout the Social Voting. User will be able to vote for one or more videos once each day during this period of time. No bulk or automated votes are permitted or those submitted via macros or similar.
- Once the Finalists have been selected via Social Voting, Organizer, together with an independent and suitably skilled judge (“Judges”), will select 200 teams (each to be regarded as "National Team Winners") from all the valid entries received in accordance with the Terms. The decision of the Judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. Out of the successful registrations as described above and considering the country quotas as described below the Judges’ decision will be based on creativity, "charm" of their application, energy and adventure factor. Due to the expected high number of entries, individual feedback is not possible.
- Organizer will announce the 200 National Team Winners’ Submitted Content on the Website on March 9th, 2020.
- For full details of the selection process, please email email@example.com. If a Participant (and subsequently the team) is disqualified, Organizer is under no obligation to publish this fact. Organizer undertakes to ensure transparency and to log the selection process appropriately in order for the results to be verified.
- The selected National Team Winners will then be able to take part in the final phase, i.e. to compete in the Red Bull Can You Make It? Event ("Main Event").
- In addition to the 200 National Team Winners, there will be 1 Hyundai wildcard team from one official partner entering the Promotion. Entry for this wildcard is open to all residents worldwide aged eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time the winner is chosen except for entrants from Japan, which is subject to the requirements in clause 3.3 of these terms. Find the rules and details to apply for this Hyundai wildcard team on the Website.
- Included for the National Team Winners, beside the opportunity to take part in the Main Event, is the transport from and to each Finalist's place of residence (or from a nearby location to be designated by Organizer) to their designated starting points (i.e. Barcelona, Milan, Budapest, Copenhagen, Amsterdam) of the Main Event (“Starting Point”) on April 20, 2020, as well as accommodation and food for the evening of April 20, 2020 at the designated Starting Point and accommodation and food for the evening of April 28, 2020 on the finish line (“Finish Line”) location.
- Only by following the described procedure will the Participant from one of the 200 National Team Winners enter the Final Phase.
FINAL PHASE (MAIN EVENT)
- During the event week (April 21 – April 28, 2020), where these 200 National Team Winners will participate in the Main Event, Organizer will determine a first place and second place through the scoring system as stipulated below (“Event Week”).
- During the Main Event, the National Team Winners have to travel hundreds of kilometres from the Starting Point to the Finish Line located in one major European city within seven days (as listed under the Prizes section). Along the way, the National Team Winners create their own path by visiting checkpoints in different cities, posting photos and videos of the journey via the event mobile app and their personal Instagram accounts, completing as many tasks of the Adventure List (which is provided to the participants beforehand) as possible using as many modes of transportation as needed and gathering support from followers back home.
- The National Team Winners will begin from one of five major European cities (Barcelona, Milan, Budapest, Copenhagen and Amsterdam) that will be assigned to them by Organizer (the National Team Winners cannot choose their Starting Point). Each National Team Winner will receive a Welcome Kit including a team mobile phone, a map, business cards for the Main Event, safety instructions, a backpack and, of course, a case of 24 cans of Red Bull. Competitors may only bring one extra backpack each (containing for example clothing, personal care items, umbrellas, ID etc.). Additional luggage and other belongings will be securely transported by Organizer to the Finish Line for pick-up at the end of the week. All National Team Winners will leave from their designated Starting Point at 12:00 (noon) CET (or local time zone equivalent) on April 21st, 2020 and have one week to make it to the Finish Line located in one major European city by 15:00 CET (or local time zone equivalent) on April 28th, 2020. In case a Participant does not show up in time for on-site check-in at the designated Starting Point, his or her entire team will have forfeited the right to participate and will have no right to claim a refund. Organizer can decide to make an exception if a team is late due to reasons beyond their control (e.g. delayed flight).
- Personal phones, smart watches, computers, tablets, GPS and other such devices as well as cash, credit/debit cards and all other forms of payment (altogether "Prohibited Items") will be sealed in tamper proof envelopes / containers to be provided by Organizer. If the seal is broken during the week, the respective National Team Winner is disqualified. Organizer will have the right to control all backpacks and personal belongings of the Participants at the Starting Line in order screen out Prohibited Items. Participants who are unwilling to undergo such screening or who are attempting to use Prohibited Items during the Main Event will be disqualified along with their respective team.
- Checkpoints will be located in different cities all throughout Europe and are assigned a different number of points based on their difficulty, geographical location and the time duration of each checkpoint challenge. When a National Team Winner arrives at a Checkpoint, they are rewarded with more cans of Red Bull for the journey. Each Checkpoint will have a Challenge that National Team Winners must successfully complete to earn points towards their score (“Checkpoint Challenge and/or Checkpoint Category”). Challenges will test the National Team Winners’ body and mind (including physical activities, puzzles, problem solving) and will vary in difficulty, requiring strategy, creativity and speed. They may only attempt each Checkpoint Challenge once. If they fail, they are not rewarded with any points for that Checkpoint. The National Team Winners will be required to visit at least six (6) Checkpoints on their way to the Finish Line in order to successfully complete the Main Event.
- The National Team Winners can earn additional points on their journey either by completing items on the Adventure List (“Adventure Category”) or by building their social support strength by uploading, sharing or liking team content on Instagram (Social Category). Social Points are measured by the level of involvement (e.g. likes/comments) they are able to generate around their uploaded content. The Adventure List is a mix between a scavenger hunt and a bucket list. These are fun, engaging activities that can be completed at any time during the Promotion. In order to receive credit for completion, they must prove it through photo or video. The more points at stake, the harder it is to complete.
- Each National Team Winner begins the journey with one case of 24 Red Bull cans (“Cans”) and has to trade Cans for everything they need on the journey — food, a place to sleep, transportation to the next location and for other needs that come up along the journey. Cash, credit cards, Bitcoins and other forms of payment are not allowed and such items will be sealed in tamper proof containers.
- The Finish Line is the final stop on the Red Bull Can You Make It? Adventure. It will be located in a major European city and will be disclosed before the Event Week. The National Team Winners need to complete their journey by 15:00 CET (or local time zone equivalent) on April 28, 2020 in order to be ranked. If National Team Winners successfully make it to the Finish Line earlier than April 28, 2020, Organizer shall not provide the team members with accommodation prior to April 28, 2020. Furthermore, no accommodation whatsoever will be provided to National Team Winners unsuccessfully finishing the Main Event (e.g. being disqualified due to cheating or opening their sealed envelopes or forfeiting the Promotion). In the case of an emergency or if a National Team Winner decides that they cannot participate any further, Organizer will arrange transportation to their place of origin without charge.
- The "Overall Winner Team" will be selected based on their score in 3 different categories (Social Category, Checkpoint Category and Adventure Category). National Team Winners will be competing for points, which will determine their rank in each of these categories. Each ranking is associated with one score and the sum up of the three scores will be the final result for the teams.
- - Social Points -> Rank -> Score 1
- - Checkpoints Points -> Rank -> Score 2
- - Adventure Points -> Rank -> Score 3
The National Team Winners’ final result will consist of the sum of their total scores in all three categories: Score 1 + Score 2 + Score 3 = Final result. If there is a tie, the team with higher ranking in Social is the winner.
- Score 1: Social support strength of the team:
- Points will be awarded based on the quality of the content posted on Instagram, which will also be aggregated on redbullcanyoumakeit.com
- Score 2: Checkpoints Challenges completed:
- A different number of points will be awarded for each Checkpoint Challenge successfully completed.
- Score 3: Number of tasks completed from the Adventure List:
A different number of points will be awarded for each Adventure challenge the National Team Winners complete, Adventure challenges have different points related to their difficulty. These points will be awarded with ‘proof' of completion of the task either through photo or video.
Exact scoring system will be shared with the Participants during the detailed briefing on April 20, 2020, Organizer will also determine the 2nd placed winner.
10. All National Team Winners that will participate in the Main Event will be provided with a mobile phone that will be preprogrammed with the event application as well as a direct emergency number to the Central Command. All outgoing or incoming connections (data, websites, texts, calls, etc.) are forbidden and may be blocked, except a direct number to the Central Command and Organizer and except for the web app connections within the limits of the application. Participants understand and agree that all the data created or going through the use of the phone can be used by Organizer, according to sections 11 and 12. The mobile phone will have to be handed back to the designated Organizer Staff at the end of the Main Event and remains the property of Organizer and its cooperation partners at all times.
11. Central Command of the Main Event is an office set up by Organizer that will run 24 hours for the 7 days during the event week. It will be the primary controlling center of the Main Event and the contact point of the Participants in case of emergency or questions. Central Command will also track the progress of each team.
12. All team members will have to place their personal devices such as mobile phones along with money and credit cards in a sealed envelope / in a tamper proof container to take with them on their journey. In the event of an emergency or if a National Team Winner decides that they cannot make it to the finish they can open the sealed envelope. In order to be eligible to win the Main Event, the entire team must arrive at the Finish Line without transportation organized by Central Command and with the original seal of the envelope / container still intact. Any suspected cheating or tampering will lead to the entire team's disqualification.
13. Other personal belongings of the Participants that have not been sealed in tamper proof containers and that are not transported in a backpack can be handed over to Organizer Staff once the Participants reach their designated Starting Point. A protocol will have to be signed by the Participants documenting the handed-over belongings. Such belongings will then be transported from the respective Starting Point to the Finish Line at the cost of Organizer. Containers and bags should be handed over in a sealed state; no grievance will be accepted with regard to loss or damage of their content. No valuable items should be handed over, as neither Organizer nor its cooperation partners can be made liable for any loss or damage with regard to such items. In order to retrieve their belongings at the Finish Line, Participants will be required to show identification and to confirm that their items have been retrieved by resigning the protocol. No grievance whatsoever will be possible once such signature has been given.
14. The contact details the Participant provides with the Promotion entry will be used to notify the Participant of any prizes; the Participant shall make sure that they are correct.
15. The Overall Winner Team as well as the Second Place Winner Team will be announced immediately after the end of the event week (“Announcement Date”).
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
In order to enter this Promotion and to win the prize, the Participant represents and warrants to satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- The Participant acknowledges to be a natural person 18 years of age or older at the time of application and that he/she is not considered a minor in the jurisdiction of Participant’s residence. Persons under the age of 18 years of age or minors are not allowed to participate in this Promotion or transmit or otherwise submit personal data (all data relating to the Participant, such as contact details, Promotion responses and photographs, “Personal Data”) to Organizer. It is voluntary to provide Organizer with the Participant’s Personal Data; however, the Participant will not be able to enter the Promotion if the Participant does not supply all required Personal Data.
- FOR JAPAN: If under the age of 20, you agree that you are participating in the Promotion under the active supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult (altogether referred to as “Guardian” in the following) who has read and agreed to these Terms on your behalf. Organizer excludes any responsibility and/or liability in case the participation/the award of a prize requires the approval of a Guardian. This solely lies within your responsibility.
- The Participant is not allowed to participate if his or her residence is outside the countries that are listed under Section 6.7. below. Please note that Organizer is not liable in case Participants are not legally allowed to take part in the Promotion due to national or local laws. Each member of a single team has to be resident of the same country as the other team members. Any Participants studying on exchange will apply for the country in which they are residents during the Promotion Period.
- In case a Participant has already participated in the Promotion in previous years he or she is not permitted to participate in this year’s Promotion.
- Participants may apply separately for this Promotion (entry as a team) and for the Hyundai Wildcard Promotion (entry as an individual), details can be found on the Website. However, if a participant applies for both promotions and is selected by the judging panels as a winner for each promotion, the participant must forfeit his/her Hyundai Wildcard Promotion application and proceed with this Promotion application.
- All team members must be currently attending university throughout the Promotion Period. If members of one team are attending different universities, the Participant will need to choose and specify only one of those universities when registering.
- Directors, officers and employees of Organizer, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, any company involved in the development or production of the Promotion, professional advisers, third party service providers or advertising and promotional agencies involved with this Promotion, and immediate family members and those living in the same household of such persons (whether legally related or not) are not eligible to enter or win any prizes in this Promotion. Organizer shall verify these conditions consulting its database at the time of the selection. FOR MEXICO: Directors, officers and employees of the Organizer, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, any company involved in the development or production of the Promotion, professional advisers, third party service providers or advertising and promotional agencies involved with this Promotion are not eligible to enter or win any rewards in this Promotion.
- Only one entry per person and per team is allowed. Further, only natural persons are allowed to participate. If it becomes apparent that the Participant used multiple email accounts or social media accounts to circumvent this rule all entries of the Participant will be disqualified.
- Please note that the official language will be English and that all interactions with the Organizer, including these Terms, the registration and further instructions in the course of this Promotion, will generally be in English. Any translations are provided as a matter of courtesy only. For Russia, the official language will be Russian.
- Organizer will not accept entries that are: (a) automatically generated by computer; (b) completed by third parties (on the Participant’s behalf) or in bulk; (c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or (d) incomplete. Organizer reserves the right to verify the email address provided by the Participant including where required, any consent provided by the Participant’s parent or Guardian to require proof of age, identity and/or other provided details at any time at its discretion. In the event of any dispute, entries containing an invalid email address or incorrect data regarding the age or residence of the Participant will be deemed ineligible. Prize winner(s) and, if applicable, their companion(s) will require (and be responsible for the cost of obtaining) a valid passport and/or valid travel documents with at least 6 months’ validity as well as any required visas.
- To enter the Promotion, Participants must have an Instagram® account (that is set during the Event Week to a Content Creator account), aswell as either a YouTube® account or a Vimeo® account that is open to the public (an account where anyone can subscribe to follow the Participant’s videos). The Participant is not eligible through Vimeo to participate if his or her Vimeo account is set to the special private option (where a user must approve all "follow" requests). The Organizer disclaims any liability should the Participant fail to comply with the third party platform(s) terms and conditions.
- If the Participant is not a registered user of Instagram, YouTube or Vimeo, he or she can go to www.instagram.com to sign up to Instagram, www.youtube.com to sign up for YouTube, and/or www.vimeo.com to sign up for Vimeo. Becoming a registered user of these services is free of charge.
- The Code of Honor on www.redbullcanyoumakeit.com ("Website") is an integral part of these Terms
Deadline: February 17, 2021
Program Starts: April 13, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
PRIZE: Upon verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the prize-winning Teams will each receive a prize package to attend and participate in the Red Bull Can You Make It? global contest, beginning April 20, 2020 (dates subject to change).
- Roundtrip airfare to the selected main event starting point in Europe (i.e., Barcelona, Milan, Budapest, Copenhagen, Amsterdam)
- Accommodations and food for the evening of April 20, 2020 at the designated global Starting Point and accommodations and food for the evening of April 28, 2020 at the global finish line location.
- Approximate retail value: $2,500 per person
All prizes are awarded “AS IS.” Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Contest or any prize. No issuer of any offered prize is sponsoring this Contest. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will determine all prize details (brand, model, size, etc.) in its sole discretion. Federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of each winner. Potential winners must have valid passport and/or valid travel documents with at least six (6) months’ validity, as well as any required visas, to travel to Grand Prize destination at time of travel and be able to travel on required travel dates or the entire prize is forfeited.