This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing the international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities. APU will automatically recommend outstanding eligible candidates to the scholarship organization.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) first opened its doors in 2000 thank to a collaboration between the Ritsumeikan Trust, Oita Prefecture and Beppu City. With an entirely new multicultural learning environment consisting of half international students and half Japanese/domestic students, APU’s aim was to provide an international education that lead to the development of global leaders, working in a diverse range of fields and industries. In these past fifteen years, this goal has not only been reached as APU now has over 10,000 alumni from over one hundred thirty countries and regions.
Leading the Way in Internationalization
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) was Japan’s first genuinely international university. Our graduate schools welcome students into fully English-based curriculum within a uniquely multicultural environment. APU’s graduate schools are accredited by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Since 2016, the Graduate School of Management has been accredited by AACSB International.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Submit the APU application by November 17, 2021 (for September 2022 Enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2.APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- 3.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4.Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- 5.The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1987
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU
- Recipients of this scholarship must have student as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan
Deadline: November 17, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program