Online United Kingdom
The Royal Society of Biology is a single unified voice for biology: advising Government and influencing policy; advancing education and professional development; supporting our members, and engaging and encouraging public interest in the life sciences. The Society represents a diverse membership of individuals, learned societies and other organisations.
The Royal Society of Biology annual photography competition invites amateurs to submit photographs on a particular theme.
How to enter
The Photography Competition 2021 will open for entries in March 2021.
We request you read the competition's terms and conditions before entering and submitting your photographs.
Photographers are requested to consider their own welfare and that of other individuals
and they take care in their attempt get their photographs. Past photographs can be submitted into the competition.
If you have any queries regarding the competition, please contact Raghav Selvam.
- Tim Harris - Nature Picture Library and Bluegreen Pictures
- Tom Hartman - program chair of MSc in Biological Photography and Imaging at the University of Nottingham
- Alex Hyde - natural history photographer and lecturer at The University of Nottingham
- Linda Pitkin - underwater photographer
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Entrants can enter either the Photographer of the Year category or the Young Photographer of the Year category.
- Each entrant may enter up to three photographs into the competition.
- Images should be high resolution JPEG or PNG files and no larger than 10MB in size.
- Entrants must fill in all sections of the entry form.
- Please read the competition's full terms and conditions before entering and submitting your photographs.
- Photographers are requested to consider their own welfare and that of other individuals and they take care in their attempt get their photographs. Past photographs can be submitted into the competition.
To enter this free competition you will need to register your details with the website. Existing users can login with their mySociety details.
Deadline: July 23, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
There are two categories in the competition, each with a cash prize:
- Photographer of the Year (18 and over) - £1,000 top prize
- Young Photographer of the Year (under 18) - £500 top prize