QTAC is delighted to be the Scholarship Support Organisation for the Australian Government Department of Education and Training to deliver the Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program.
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program improves access to and completion of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses, including in the fields of health and agricultural science.
The scholarships are open to students from regional and remote areas in Australia.
The program aims to:
- increase the number of students engaging with STEM disciplines
- increase the number of students able to undertake their preferred course of STEM study, irrespective of their location
- increase program participants' rate of course completion relative to their peers.
The Program will support up to 1200 undergraduate, postgraduate and Vocational Education and Training (VET) students to undertake a STEM course, including in the fields of health and agricultural science. The scholarships are for Certificate IV to PhD courses. STEM fields include the following broad fields of study:
- Natural and Physical Sciences
- Information Technology
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies
- Health (except Complementary Therapies)
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Institution admission criteria apply to every applicant for every course offered. The criteria can be different for each institution. Common admission criteria include:
- English language proficiency
- course quota (the estimated number of places available in a course)
- exclusion (whether you have previously been excluded from an institution; this might affect whether you can get into the course you want)
- age requirements
Some courses have additional admission criteria such as a personal statements, questionnaires, portfolios, auditions, interviews or tests, which are considered instead of, or together with, your academic qualifications.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Scholarship recipients may receive total scholarship funding up to $18,000, based on course length and type of study or training. A further $500 is available to scholarship recipients to support an internship.