Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) is a Russian non-profit organization focused on strengthening peace, friendship and solidarity between people, preventing international conflicts and promoting crisis settlement. Its mission is to facilitate a prosperous Russia through its full integration in the global community. It serves as a link between government, the expert community, business and civil society in an ongoing dialogue on foreign policy issues. RIAC was established in February 2010.
The internship (period of professional practice) at the Non-Profit Partnership Russian International Affairs Council (hereinafter, NPP RIAC or the Partnership) is aimed at developing the competencies of young specialists in international relations, global economics and law.
The objectives of the internship (period of professional practice) include:
- shaping the practical skills of specialists in international affairs;
- developing professional knowledge in international relations;
- supporting an expert network of beginner specialists in international affairs.
Applications for the internship (period of professional practice) are accepted as follows:
- for the 1st quarter (September–November): July 1–31 of the corresponding calendar year;
- for the 2nd quarter (February–April): November 1–30 of the corresponding calendar year;
- for the 3rd quarter (May–July): March 1–30 of the corresponding calendar year.
How To Get An Internship in the RIAC
- Applicants should familiarize themselves with the RIAC Young Experts Internship rules and regulations
- Prepare the necessary documents
- A short cover letter explaining your reasons for applying for the internship programme
- A scanned copy of the letter from your current place of study or employment addressed to Andrey Kortunov, the Director General of the Russian International Affairs Council
- You will be sent a test assignment that must be completed and submitted within two days.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- The internship (period of professional practice) is open to students working towards a degree in a relevant subject (geography, international relations, international journalism, international economics, political science, public relations, sociology, law [international public law], etc.) in at least their third year of undergraduate studies.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- NPP RIAC shall not pay interns (practice students) any stipends and (or) any other types of remuneration during their internship (period of professional practice).
- Interns (practice students) are not required to pay any fees to the Partnership for completing the internship (period of professional practice) at NPP RIAC. NPP RIAC organizes internships (period of professional practice) at the Partnership for young specialists free of charge.
- NPP RIAC shall not cover the travel expenses of interns (practice students) to and from the internship location (period of professional practice), accommodation during internship (period of professional practice), visa fees or any other expenses associated with completing the internship (period of professional practice).