The Saïd Foundation’s vision is of a world where people from all backgrounds can realise their full potential.
Our mission is to bring positive and lasting change to the lives of children, young people and the wider community through carefully selected investments in themes and geographies with which the Saїd family and the Saїd Foundation have developed strong links and expertise
Candidates are selected by the Saïd Foundation (not the Trust). To ensure that they are considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- check with the Saïd Foundation the funding call deadlines and details of the application process, and apply accordingly; and
- apply for admission to the University of Cambridge by the funding deadline specific to their course (please refer to the Postgraduate Course Directory).
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
With more than 18,000 students from all walks of life and all corners of the world, over 11,000 staff, 31 Colleges and 150 Departments, Faculties, Schools and other institutions, no two days are ever the same at the University of Cambridge.
At the heart of this confederation of Departments, Schools, Faculties and Colleges is a central administration team. It is small because the Colleges are self-governing and teaching staff carry out much of the daily administration at Cambridge.
The University is a confederation of Schools, Faculties, Departments and Colleges. The Colleges are governed by their own statutes and regulations, but are integral to the make-up of the University of Cambridge.
Students live, eat and socialise in one of the University’s 31 autonomous Colleges. Undergraduates receive College supervisions – small group teaching sessions – regarded as one of the best teaching models in the world.
Each College has its own internal procedures. They select their own students, subject to University regulations, and most admit both undergraduate and postgraduate students. College representatives sit on the University Council and Finance Committee.
There are six Schools, which each form an administrative grouping of Faculties and other institutions. They are: Arts and Humanities, Biological Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Technology.
There is a Council of each School – including representatives of its Faculties and Departments. The Schools are represented on the General Board.
Faculties and Departments
University Faculties organise teaching and research into individual subjects or groups of subjects. Their work is normally organised into sub-divisions called Departments.
Centres of studies are controlled by committees of management, bringing together representatives from several disciplines.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Candidates should hold the equivalent of a UK 2:1 degree or higher, and demonstrate that they have the potential to be leaders in their field.
- Candidates are not required to have work experience, but priority will be given to those who have some work experience and can demonstrate that their studies will benefit their field of work on return to the Middle East.
Deadline: January 07, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
- University tuition fee
- Annual stipend (sufficient for a single person)
- Contribution towards travel costs
- Immigration Health Surcharge