Interns must be available to work full time hours with an agreed upon schedule of leave. Interns must commit for at least 6 months. Preference will be given to applicants who can commit to a full year, pending a mid-term review.
- Assist with the development of grant proposals for country and regional programs, including but not limited to writing proposal narratives, developing theories of change, articulating program activities, drafting logframes, and developing M&E plans and indicators.
- Provide extensive and detailed research on specific topics affecting countries in the region.
- Edit English-language reports and communications materials for clarity and precision.
- Support on regional communications activities, including compiling updates from country offices, revamping website content, and creating visibility pieces for social media.
- Assist with knowledge management tasks (e.g. maintaining consultant databases or working on contract management).
- Support meeting logistics and travel planning.
- Performing other supportive, administrative and minor office management duties as needed.
- Arabic and/or French skills are desirable.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- BA or MA (completed or in progress) in peace and conflict studies, international relations, Middle East or Asia studies, international development, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills in English.
- Interest and knowledge in the field of peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
- Practical experience with program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- High level of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with the MENA or Asia regions.
- Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and willing to take on tasks small and large.
- Prior international or cross-cultural experience.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Please note this is an unpaid internship.