Online United Kingdom
Shell Ideas360 is more than a global competition that connects students to develop ideas to tackle the pressures on the world’s Food, Water and Energy resources. It’s an exciting journey of learning and discovery. Collaborate with like-minded innovators, Shell experts and mentors to expand your horizons.
Why take part in Shell Ideas360?
Shell Ideas360 invites you to become part of an international community of like-minded students and learn skills that will be invaluable for your studies and future career.
- The chance to win an Adventure of a lifetime
- All ideas submitted to Shell Ideas360 have the chance to be considered by our innovation incubator
- If you reach the later stages of the competition, you'll have the support and guidance of Shell experts and mentors
- Finalists will be flown to the UK, in July 2018 to present their final ideas. You will also meet an exclusive group of business and thought leaders
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
a) Subject to Paragraphs (b) and (c) below and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, participation in the Competition is open to any person who (i) is, or will be, the higher of 18 years of age or the age of majority in the Participant’s relevant jurisdiction of residency by 01/12/2016; and (ii) is currently studying (and is officially registered to continue studying until at least 01/12/2017) as a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate, excluding those studying for Phd or MPhil degrees, at one of the recognised, degree awarding universities or other equivalent higher education establishments set out on the World Higher Education Database
b) Residents of the Province of Quebec, Canada are not eligible to participate in this competition.
c) Current employees, past employees, apprentices, trainees, interns, agents, officers or directors of the Promoter and its affiliates (including joint ventures) are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
d) For the avoidance of doubt, Eligible Students who are in the process of being recruited for a job, apprenticeship, traineeship, or internship by the Promoter or any of its affiliates (including joint ventures) will be automatically disqualified if their employment, apprenticeship, traineeship or internship commences any time during the Competition Period.
e) The Competition is not open to employees, agents, affiliates, officers or directors of any advertiser, promotion agency or fulfilment agency of the Promoter or of anyone else professionally connected with the Competition.
f) Eligible Students are not entitled to enter the Competition if they are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, the Promoter’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country/jurisdiction is withdrawn.
Stage 1 Submission deadline
- Ideas should be submitted online by 23:59 GMT on January 19, 2018
- Successful teams will be announced w/c February 20, 2018 to progress to Stage 2.
Stage 2 Submission deadline
- All ideas should be submitted online by 23:59 GMT on April 20, 2018.
- Five successful teams will be announced on w/c May 7, 2018 to progress to Stage 3.
Stage 3 Open
Stage 3 teams prepare final pitch to the panel of judges at Make The Future, Live in London
The Pitch - 04/07/2018
All finalists come together to prepare their final presentation and to pitch their idea.
Shell Ideas360 Awards
Shell Ideas 2017/2018 winning idea will be announced at Make The Future, Live in London
Deadline: January 19, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
What are the prizes?
- Each Individual Participant and Team Participant that submits an idea in the Competition will receive 3 months subscription to the print and digital edition of WIRED magazine.
- Each Individual Participant and Team Participant selected to progress to Stage 2 of the Competition will receive a year's subscription to the print and digital edition of National Geographic magazine. A one-year subscription includes 12 monthly issues to the print and iPad/iPhone editions of National Geographic magazine.
- The Individual Participant or each Team Participant in the Team selected as the winner of the Competition will win an adventure to be taken during the university summer vacation period in 2018. The adventure will be chosen by the winner from a shortlist of 5 expeditions selected by the Promoter. The prize is subject to acceptance by the Individual Participant/each Team Participant of the terms and conditions relating to the relevant adventure selected from the shortlist.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT - LEARN AND DISCOVER AT EVERY STAGE
Access Learning Sessions to inspire and develop your idea that could change the world. Join a global community of students and like-minded innovators. Refine your skills to help prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career.
- DEVELOP YOUR IDEAS - This is your chance to develop that innovative idea that you’ve been thinking about with support from a Shell mentor and industry experts.
- GREAT FOR YOUR RÉSUMÉ/CV - A Shell Ideas360 certificate of participation will be a great addition to any student’s résumé/CV.
- WORK WITH PROFESSIONALS - In addition to the Learning Sessions every team in Stage 2 will be assigned a Shell Mentor to help them develop their idea.
- NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES - Interact with fellow students from around the world via our online community. Meet Shell executives, industry leaders, business innovators and students from around the world at Make The Future.