SGAC and Open Cosmos are joining forces to promote space science and technologies with a set of interactive tools and resources. Open Cosmos is revolutionising the way space technology is used and is at the forefront of the emerging new space industry. The objective is to make space accessible to anyone, to help solve the world’s biggest challenges. This is done by providing simple and affordable space missions, using nano satellite technologies, providing end to end space missions for worldwide applications.
OC offers the opportunity to SGAC members and its associated network to apply for becoming an OC Academy ambassador. As part of this role, you will be given the opportunity to provide training and hands-on workshops on behalf of OC to the academic community and your own network.
- Lead hands-on and training workshops about Space Mission Design using a set of tools and resources developed under the OC Academy.
- Support the delivery of workshops among SGAC events and to the existing Open Cosmos network for training and capacity building.
- Connect and work closely with the Regional Coordinators and NPoCs to initiate, participate and support during regional, local and partnered events.
- Coordinate with SGAC PR and Communications Coordinators the promotion of upcoming events, workshops and available training opportunities.
- Report directly and get support from SGAC and Open Cosmos regarding the organisation of events and training activities.
After submitting the application, the candidate will be appointed to receive a workshop session including:
- Information regarding SGAC and the associated activities
- an introduction to NewSpace, its environment and key factors
- key steps and concepts involved in a space mission design process, highlighting basic satellite mission parameters and constraints
- hands-on training exercises about how to design a Space Mission using beeApp software
When ready, the candidate can apply for an interview for final selection. During the interview the results of the workshop challenges will have to be presented. If successfully selected, the candidates will receive an official certificate giving them the opportunity to provide training workshops on behalf of OC. Note that this is a voluntary role and has no monetary compensation.
Please note: this vacancy has no deadline, workshops will be provided on a recurring basis.
If you have any questions or you want further information, contact directly Lucille Baudet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- SGAC membership: registration on the SGAC website (below 35 years of age at the time of application)
- Be a motivated young talent between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- Excellent communication skills with facility to speaking in front of a wide audience.
- Professional Fluency (Speaking, Listening, Reading, and Writing) in English. Other language(s) spoken is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with people from various international and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience/familiarity with the space sector.
- Previous experience in outreach activities and events is a plus.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
The benefits for the successful candidate are the following:
- Access to a set of resources: software tools included in beeApp, interactive slide deck presentations, worksheets with challenges, access to the OC Academy gitlab, etc.
- Learning key concepts on space mission design and requirements
- Certificate of attendance to the workshop and Certificate of selection as ambassador
- Opportunity to develop a network from SGAC and OC, getting in contact with people from various professional and cultural backgrounds
- Gain valuable skills and experience driving personal and professional growth
- OC is open to support business opportunities with the selected OC Academy Ambassadors.