The methodology will consist of non formal learning based approaches, practical workshops, sharing stories,
global education activities and experiential learning (with an outdoors component). Reflective practice will also be a crucial feature of the project.
The course is designed for participants with at least a basic understanding of global education. Also, the
participants must be motivated and willing to learn, share, explore and discover their skills in order to use their experience later in their jobs and/or communities.
- Highlight and explain the principles of effective storytelling.
- Examine the importance and role of values and frames in our storytelling and public communications.
- Allow a space for participants to apply the principles of storytelling to their own practice.
- Explore the role of emotion and compassion in youth work.
- Explore diverse methods of public engagement.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We will host 31 participants from 8 countries and partner organisations: Ireland (7), Italy (3), Greece (3), Cyprus (3), Poland (3), Czech Republic (3), Slovakia (3), UK (3)
Deadline: March 09, 2018
Program Starts: April 24, 2018
Program Ends: May 01, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
Food and accommodation: will be fully covered by the organisers
Travel costs: will be refunded at the end of the course, after providing all original tickets and
receipts. We will cover 100% of your actual expenses, but only up to the maximum amounts listed below.
- Cyprus: €530,
- Greece: €360,
- Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia: €275
- UK: €180