China Hong Kong India Indonesia Malaysia Singapore Sri Lanka Taiwan Vietnam
The International Graduate programme is your gateway to the world – both in your training and through your networks. The programme is immersive, collaborative and global, giving you every chance to set your chosen discipline in the context of the bigger picture and much more than you’ve signed up for.
Commercial Banking serves over 40,000 local corporations and medium-sized enterprises in 26 markets across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We aim to be our clients’ main international bank, providing a full range of international financial solutions in areas such as trade finance, cash management, financial markets and corporate finance. Our clients represent a large and important portion of the economies we serve and are potential future multinational corporates. Commercial Banking is at the heart of our shared purpose to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.
The programme provides a comprehensive grounding in commercial and corporate banking, and will see you working directly with a diverse range of business and corporate customers alongside our Commercial Bankers. You can explore how your skills can adapt to different areas of our business while developing new skills to help kick-start your career in the Commercial Bank. Here are some projects you could be involved in:
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services.
- Work directly with new clients to learn, analyse and identify opportunities to advance their business, developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and expertise in the products we offer.
- Map, mine and implement cross sell opportunities to expand existing client relationships.
- Partner with Relationship Managers to structure client transactions, acquiring insight into product development, deal execution and digital banking.
- Prepare customer credit proposal.
Your career progression
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Commercial Banking. These could be in areas such as:
- Credit Analysis
- Relationship Management
What you’ll do over 18 months
- 4 week International induction – This comprises of classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business stream.
- 11 month training rotations – Your will spend three months in your focus area and go on to broaden your experience through further rotations across Risk, Transaction Banking or Financial Markets, Assistant Relationship Management, Process & Governance and Cash/Trade Operations.
- 6 month Business rotation – Your last rotation will be 6 months in your focus area in Commercial Banking. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best, and begin your Standard Chartered career.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.