We believe the barrier to entry for people to start a startup is still too high. We want to make it easier for people to start a company, regardless of who or where you are, so we're starting by sharing what we've learned, through Startup School.
Learn how to start a startup with YC’s free 8-week online course.
Sign up now to join our next course.
Startup School is a free online course for founders actively pursuing their own startup.
Throughout the course, we aim to accomplish the following:
- Encourage and inspire people to consider starting a company as a way to positively impact the world.
- Teach people about how to start a startup, and equip them with the resources and tools to help prepare them now and in the future.
- Build a community of entrepreneurs who can encourage and teach each other.
Participation in the course will follow two tracks:
If you/your team are actively pursuing a startup, or will be starting one for the program. In addition to having full access to all the lectures and class office hours, you will also:
- Be assigned an advisor and join their group of companies. Advisors are members of the YC alumni network.
- Have virtual advisory sessions, in the form of Group Office Hours, every week via online video.
- Have access to a community of international founders through the Startup School forum.
- Be responsible for updating your Advisor on your progress once a week.
If you currently don’t have any plans to start a startup in the immediate future, but would like to learn.
You can follow along and have full access to all 10 lectures and class content, released once a week.
- You must submit at least 9 out of your 10 weekly updates and attend 9 out of 10 group office hour sessions.
- Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion and the opportunity to share what you're working on with the public.
- 100 startups that complete the course will be chosen to receive $10K in funding.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who is eligible for the Startup Founder Track?
Anyone who has started working on a startup is eligible to join. If you or your team are actively pursuing your startup and are interested in participating, sign up here: https://startupschool.org/.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
WHAT YOU GETS
- TARTUP NETWORK: Join a network of over 40,000 founders across 190 countries. Find entrepreneurs near you and build meaningful connections.
- FORUM: Gain access to the Startup School founder forum. Get feedback, support and help from the community.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Engage with fellow startups. Participate in frequent group sessions and set goals for your company.
- EXCLUSIVE DEALS: Cut startup costs and get discounts from the best in the business (Algolia, AWS, Brex, Clerky, DigitalOcean, Google Cloud, MongoDB, Segment, Stripe, and more).