The future of fashion is in our hands. The market is constantly changing, and the only way to see a bright future is by building it from now, together. Innovation is the new power. Disruption, flexibility and the ability to learn fast are the new solutions for any company that wants to be relevant in the fashion market for the next years.
We have selected 11 startups, and we are going to support them with our FashionTech program in Milan, to spread the FashionTech ecosystem around the Globe!
During our intense 3-month accelerator program, 11 carefully selected startups will collaborate with 150+ mentors, partners and investors to build world-class products, services and business. Their ultimate goal is becoming industry-leading FashionTech companies of the future. At the end of the program, all startups will pitch their innovative ideas in front of hundreds of investors, partners and mentors on our grand finale: Demo Day.
To meet ambitious entrepreneurs from all over the world, CEO Alceo Rapagna, Co-Founder Nazzareno Mengoni and the Managing Director Stefano Galassi of Startupbootcamp FashionTech Milan, ran an International FastTrack Tour. This tour included some of the most vibrant startup cities, like Amsterdam, London, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tel Aviv, Lisbon, Shanghai, and so on. In all these cities, Startupbootcamp hosted a FastTrack event where local startups were be able to present their idea, receive one-on-one feedback, learn about the program, and network with fellow entrepreneurs from the local ecosystems. Contact us for more info!
Ideal Test Market
Italy has a long heritage in the fashion industry, it is so powerful that fashion and everything around it, constitute one of the main sources of the Italian economy. The "Made in Italy" has become a symbol of excellence, quality and tradition. Most of the more influential fashion houses are Italian: each one of them representing the traditions of the different regions all over the country, that through hundreds of years have been cultivating their know-how in the craft of production. Milan is the place where the crafts, vision and business come together!
Upon completion of the program, startups will gain access to our extensive Global Alumni network. Furthermore, teams will be on-boarded to our 'SBC NXT' Alumni support program, through which we provide relevant Alumni services throughout the lifetime of the startups and beyond.
What we ask in return
We ask for 8% equity ownership in every startup.
- May 19 Applications open
- Sep 10 Applications close
- Sep 11 - 30 Selection Days
- Oct 11 Program begins
- Apr 24 Demo Day
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We are on the hunt for determined startups in the FashionTech sector, who are looking to disrupt our world and make it ready for the next decades to come.
We accelerate a variety of startups at different stages. Typically the earliest stage a startup enters our program is A) having a core team with diverse skill sets in place, and B) has a product built that initial customers are using.
Key Focus Areas
- Sustainable fabric and garment production
- Smart Materials
- Digitally driven manufacturing techniques
- Supply chain transparency & traceability
- Retailtech and Commerce
- Customer experience and engagement
- Recycling, waste management and circularity
Deadline: September 10, 2021
Program Starts: October 11, 2021
Program Ends: April 24, 2022
Cost/funding for participants:
Why join the program?
- 3-Month Program: An intense 3-month program designed to support entrepreneurs scale their industry-changing technology businesses
- Corporate Partners: Connections to the leading corporates in your industry for pilot projects, partnership opportunities, and as customers
- Tailored Mentorship: Over 100 carefully selected local mentors from the FashionTech industry who provide hands-on support and valuable introductions
- Living Expenses: €15K in cash per team to cover living expenses during the program
- Alumni Growth Program: Continued post-program support far after the 3-month program through annual alumni only events, deals and tailored introductions
- Investor Access: Meet most active VCs and Angel investors in your industry from around the world
- Masterclasses: Expert-led sessions covering all scaling fundamentals - from business model canvas, lean methodology to fundraising
- Global Network: Unmatched access to a global network of mentors, corporate partners, industry experts, and alumni across 40+ countries
- Coworking Space: Free desks for your entire team in a dynamic coworking space for the duration of the 3-month program
- Perks & Discounts: More than €150K+ in exclusive partner deals from leading technology providers such as Amazon, HubSpot, SendGrid, and others
- Industry Events: Exclusive opportunities to take part in leading FashionTech and startup conferences and events
- Demo Day: A day to celebrate your achievements during the program with 400+ investors, corporates, mentors and press attendees