Reach your goals faster — Apply to Sting! Sting has been selected several times as Sweden’s best Accelerator/Incubator for startups. We support carefully selected teams to achieve their business goals faster and smarter.
At Sting, you are coached by some of Sweden’s leading entrepreneurs and former venture capitalists. You can get 400 000 SEK seed funding from Propel Capital, free office space, access to Sweden’s largest recruitment service for startups and Sting’s international network of investors and business contacts.
Since 2002, we have worked with 300 companies, 67 percent of which are still active and growing. Every year we evaluate about 400 startups applying for our programs. Below 10 percent are accepted. Among them are Yubico, Videoplaza, Volumental, Sellpy, Sudio, Dreams and Karma.
Listen to some of the Sting entrepreneurs explaining how Sting is helping startups to grow faster.
- Coaching: At Sting, you will get personal coaches who have backgrounds as entrepreneurs. The coaches have all built successful companies, raised venture capital, and sold companies. In addition, several of the coaches are themselves active investors.
- Financing: Sting companies can get approximately 40 000 EUR from Propel Capital, Sweden’s most active private seed investor. We help you create the best conditions possible for raising capital. Over the years, Sting companies have raised over 525 MEUR in private capital.
- Recruitment: A startup’s success often depends on the strength of the team. As a Sting company, you get support from Sting’s creative talent management coaches that specializes in startups, and supports and is involved in over 140 recruitments to Sting companies each year.
- Network and community: When you are accepted to Sting, you will have access to a very large network of business contacts, both Swedish and international, which Sting has built since 2002. Through Sting’s membership in GAN you also get access to a worldwide network of startups and corporates as well as 150+ perks.
- Marketing, PR and Communication: With clever and effective marketing, you can early on talk about your business and product to generate demand and leads. Sting has two communication coaches who also for many years have built personal relationships with Sweden’s tech media and relevant journalists.
Results-oriented programs that push you to reach higher
Sting works with companies primarily in three startup programs: Sting Incubate, Sting Incubate Deeptech and Sting Accelerate. We always offer you the best possible tailor-made coaching throughout the journey.
Sting Incubate has continuous admission and start. Sting Accelerate has two admissions and start dates each year with 8 companies per batch.
Under Why Sting, you can read more about the support you receive in coaching, financing, recruitment, communication and network. The menu on the left describes what is specific to each program.
About Sting - World-class business development and networks
Sting enables talented people to turn their ideas into sustainable businesses. The support we offer includes qualified coaching in business development, a business angel network, a venture capital fund, a recruitment service, and an international network of investors, business contacts and experts. We contribute to the success of Sweden’s future technology companies by helping them to grow and compete internationally, and by generating export revenues for Stockholm.
Sting’s vision is to be the best accelerator and incubator in the world by attracting the best innovators and entrepreneurs, and by contributing clear value to successfully build and develop the high-growth companies of the future.
Sting supports promising Stockholm-based startups, primarily within ICT, internet/media, cleantech, sustainability, health and life science. We evaluate about 400 projects annually, but based on a tough screening process we accept only 25-30 companies per year to our incubator and accelerator programs. Approximately 80 percent of the companies accepted to come from industry, and 20 percent are connected to universities and research institutes.
Sting started in 2002 and has provided business development supports to over 300 innovative startups.