Vienna is indeed one of the most beautiful cities in the world! We invite students, recent graduates, as well as anyone interested in international relations to participate in a fascinating study trip to one of the 4 headquarters of the United Nations – to the UN headquarters in Austria. Moreover, you will have a chance to visit other International Organizations and broaden your horizons in charming Vienna!
During the trip, students will be able to not only visit the UN building and other International Organizations but also communicate with the staff and learn about their daily work. And especially for the group, a series of lectures about the UN as a whole and its individual units located in Vienna will be organized. The lectures will be conducted by the employees of various departments of the United Nations.
Thus, on one hand, the Study Visit will give an idea of the immediate work of the organizations, and on the other hand, will allow to directly communicate with the staff of various departments. In addition, the program has entertaining and cultural elements. Vienna is more than three thousand years old! The architecture of Vienna covers all major styles from Gothic and Renaissance to postmodernism. It is also a center for music due to a long line of famous musicians who lived and worked in this city: Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert, Brahms, etc. Also, various musical events (such as New Year’s Concert or annual ball at the Vienna Opera) take place there. Study Visit will give you time to join a city tour and explore this amazing city. Also, you have a chance to spend a whole day on leisure activities and museum visits.
After the program students will receive a certificate confirming participation in a study trip to the United Nations and other International Organizations in Vienna. This Study Visit is an extremely interesting event that combines educational, cultural and entertaining elements in one program!
See you in Vienna!
What is this trip about? The main purpose of the Study Trip to the United Nations in Vienna is to introduce students to the UN headquarters and some other International Organizations in Vienna. The program consists of many elements – cultural, educational, entertaining, and linguistic!
What will you do during the Study Visit?
- See the UN complex from inside and outside
- Know general information about the work of the UN in Austria and in the world
- Learn about some of the individual units of the United Nations
- Personally communicate with the staff of the United Nations in Vienna, ask questions
- Directly observe the working process at the UN
- Get information about internship opportunities at the United Nations, know how to develop a career in the UN
- Visit other International Organizations in Vienna
UN headquarters in Vienna includes the following units:
- United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- International Money Laundering Information Network (IMOLIN)
- International Narcotics Control Board (INCB)
- Office for Outer Space Affairs United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA)
- United Nations Information Service (UNIS)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR)
- International Trade Law Division of the United Nations Secretariat / United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- United Nations Environment Programme – Interim Secretariat of the Carpathian Convention (UNEP Vienna ISCC)
- United Nations Register of Damage Caused by the Construction of the Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (UNRoD)
The detailed Agenda will be sent to the participants prior to the program start date.
All participants will receive the certificate about the successful completion of the course.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- students, recent graduates, as well as anyone interested in international relations
Deadline: As soon as possible
Program Starts: August 22, 2021
Program Ends: August 27, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Accommodation and Meals
- Students live in a hostel in shared rooms in the central area of Vienna. The cost of accommodation is included in the program. Single occupation may be provided for the additional fee- please see additional services section. Shared accommodation is included in the course price.
- Extra nights could be added for an additional fee. Please let us know in advance if you arrive earlier or depart later so we could check the availability.
- We offer comfortable accommodation where you can stay during the program and fully enjoy your time in Vienna!
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and coffee-breaks) are not included in the price, but could be added additionally- please see additional servicessection.
- € 850
The price includes:
- Program (including all the materials)
- Accommodation (shared room)
Prices for Additional Services
- Transfer from/to the airport (one-way): € 50
- Single room: € 100 / per week
- Meals (3 times a day): € 130 / per week
We provide a visa invitation to Austria. With that visa invitation letter, you have to go to the closest Austrian Consulate and apply for a visa. Together with the visa invitation letter, you have to provide other documents – usually, those documents include passport, passport size photo, filled application form, insurance, proof of means, proof of work/study and other documents. The list of the documents might slightly differ depending on the country where you apply for a visa. Please check the website of the closest Austrian Consulate to see the full list of the documents for a short-term business visa.
Often before applying for a visa, you need to make an appointment at the Consulate. Sometimes you can only make an appointment 1-2 months in advance. We strongly recommend you to contact the Consulate as soon as possible to make an appointment.
The fee for the visa might differ depending on the country where you apply – you might have your visa free of charge or might need to pay for it 35 or 60 euro. Those are the fees in case you apply for a visa directly at the Consulate. If you apply via VFS, Visa Center or Travel agency or another organization – the service charge may be applied.
If you submit all the requested documents on time the chance for the rejection of a visa is very small. In our experience, the visas are mostly rejected if an applicant provides false information to the Consulate. This could be the major reason for rejections. We kindly ask you to check the documents before the application and make sure you provide the correct information to the Consulate and in that case, you most probably will receive a visa without any difficulties.
And of course, if you have any questions regarding the visa application procedure we would be happy to assist at any stage of your application!