SQU supports higher education through providing scholarships to encourage students to join the high academic caliber to postgraduate programs. In addition, the University offers skills enhancement of courses and workshops to develop faculty and students’ skills related to research, publishing, supervising and professionalism.
You may apply for scholarships using the same application form for the postgraduate programs.
Recipients of scholarships must abide by the following:
- Recipients of full scholarships must be full-time students for the duration of the program period and must not engage in any other business without the prior approval of the concerned authorities in the university.
- Master’s students’ CGPA must not fall below 3.00 on a 4-point scale and PhD students’ performance level must not fall below GOOD.
- Recipients of full scholarships are required to participate in any work in the college for no more than 12 teaching hours a week.
- The recipient of a scholarship must observe the official working hours.
- The recipient of a scholarship must fully comply with SQU laws, regulations and decisions there under, and abide by the code of ethics and manners of the profession.
- The recipient of a scholarship must respect the values and traditions of Oman.
- The recipient of a scholarship must pay any course registration fees.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The University offers 2 types of postgraduate scholarships annually:
Exemption from tuition fees scholarships (for PhD and Master programs)
These are limited to exemption from tuition fees only
2. Full scholarships
These include exemption from tuition fees, and granting the student a stipend in addition to other benefits in return for work at the University (Master & PhD).
Privileges of Full Scholarship Recipients:
1. Exemption from tuition fees. This exemption, however, does not cover housing, transportation, food, academic references, and any other fees required by the University.
2. Recipients of scholarship receive a monthly stipend of RO 250 for Master’s students and RO 350 for PhD students for the duration of their scholarships.
3. Recipients of scholarships can use the University libraries, laboratories and computers in accordance with SQU regulations.
4. Recipients of scholarships are entitled to receive medical care in the SQU Hospital during the period of their scholarship in accordance with SQU regulations.
5. Non-Omani and Arab Gulf students may be accompanied by their spouses and children in accordance with the laws regulating the residency of expatriates in the Sultanate.
6. Recipients of scholarships are entitled to a maximum of 36 days without pay per annum, subject to the approval of the head of department (HoD).
7. Non-Omani recipients of scholarships shall receive one economy class ticket to the nearest international airport to his/her residence annually upon obtaining the approval from his/her head of department.