Do you work internationally to strengthen democracy and human rights? Do you use media or the arts as a means to bring about change? Are you based in Sweden or do you have a Swedish project partner? Maybe Creative Force is the programme for you.
What is Creative Force?
It is a funding programme for international projects. It is open to Swedish organisations and their partners in our target countries who work through media or the arts to strengthen democracy, human rights and freedom of expression. It offers two types of grant:
- Seed Funding is available for carrying out a small project or a pilot. You and your international partner can apply for up to SEK 100,000 for a project which must be completed within 12 months of funding being granted.
- Collaborative Projects are larger projects which should involve knowledge exchange, capacity building or method development. We recommend that you apply for this type of grant to scale-up a project which has previously received seed funding. You and your international partner can apply for a grant which runs for either max 12 months or max 24 months (from the date of being granted). For a 12-month grant you can apply for up to SEK 500,000. For a 24-month grant you can apply for up to SEK 1 million.
How to apply
- Call for applications opens DATE: 15 JUN 2021 - 25 AUG 2021
- How to write your application DATE: 15 JUN 2021 - 25 AUG 2021
- How to submit your online application DATE: 15 JUN 2021 - 25 AUG 2021
- Has my application been successful? DATE: 27 SEP 2021 - 1 OCT 2021
This programme goal is to strengthen human rights, freedom of expression and democracy in the target countries.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can apply?
- Any type of organisation which is registered in Sweden.
- Your organisation must have been registered for at least one year (for seed funding) or two years (for collaborative projects).
- You must write your application jointly with a partner organisation in one (or more) of the Creative Force target countries.
Which countries are included?
In Africa, Asia & MENA:
- Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
- Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam (NB: these three countries are new from 2021)
- Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
In Eastern Europe & Turkey:
- Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldavia, Turkey and Ukraine.
NB: we do not grant funding to projects which include financial support to public sector partners in Belarus (state, regional, municipal).
Check whether your project is suitable for Creative Force
- Your project uses media or the arts as a means to strengthen democracy, freedom of expression and human rights in the target countries.
- Your project fulfills the specific Creative Force programme objectives for the country(s) you want to work with. (See FAQs 17, 18 and 19 below.)
- Your project involves an exchange of knowledge or best practice between partners.
- Your project targets agents of change in the partner country(s) who want to learn new skills or use new technologies to help them in their efforts to bring about change.
- Your project’s achievements will continue to spread and have an impact after the project has finished.
Deadline: August 25, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- Seed Funding: up to SEK 100,000 for a project which must be completed within 12 months of funding being granted.
- Collaborative Projects: For a 12-month grant you can apply for up to SEK 500,000. For a 24-month grant you can apply for up to SEK 1 million.