The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated intern who is both passionate about innovation in the financial space, has an interest in emerging FinTech trends and is technically skilled to create real impact in applied innovation for Asset Management in one of the world's largest reinsurance companies. The role includes research and analysis of FinTech topics and hands-on technical support for the Strategy and FinTech Teams. You will join our diverse team in Zurich and collaborate with colleagues from New York, London, and other locations.
Your main tasks will be:
- Create a FinTech Research Platform analyzing trends and focus areas using Azure Cloud (machine learning know-how and interest of advantage)
- Support the Swiss Re FinTech Practice with research, content creation and delivery
- Support the Strategy & Innovation team with creation of papers and presentations describing the impact of digital technologies on an Asset Manager
About the Team
With more than USD 150 bn of assets under management, Swiss Re Asset Management handles the assets generated through the core insurance and reinsurance business.
The Asset Management Tech Team is working out of four main locations spread around the globe and is running in an agile fashion without traditional hierarchies. Our mission is to guide the Investment and Support teams through the opportunities arising from new technologies, differentiate fact from myths and ultimately implement new solutions that offer tangible benefits.
This is why we are looking for passionate and smart individuals who have a strong technical background and a solid understanding of the FinTech environment to apply their know-how in the financial world.
Duration of internship: 6 months, starting March / April 2020
We are looking forward to your application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Tech-savvy and curious: You are completing your Master studies in computer science, financial engineering, math or any other quantitative discipline, or business administration with a technology focus; you have strong technical and analytical skills as well as a flair for strategic impact and are eager to apply your knowledge in the financial world
- You have basic knowledge about financial products, investment strategies, regulations and the value chain of an asset management company
- You are passionate about Innovation, FinTech, Data Science and emerging digital trends
- Self-motivated and great teammate: You drive progress independently, thrive in an environment where you have room to grow and perform and you love working in a team
- Organized and fluent: You get things done and command excellent oral and written English, additionally German would be a plus
- Forward-looking and driven: You have a strategic mind, are keen to make a difference that counts, are willing to propose creative ideas and put yourself out there for them