The TOMODACHI Initiative is a public-private partnership, born out of support for Japan’s recovery from the Great East Japan Earthquake, that invests in the next generation of Japanese and American leaders through educational and cultural exchanges as well as leadership programs.
The TOMODACHI Initiative is seeking an unpaid intern to begin this Spring and Summer. TOMODACHI offers an exciting environment for interns to be exposed to non-profit, corporate, and government fields.
Responsibilities for past interns have included
- creating and drafting documents,
- website management,
- social media management,
- newsletter distribution,
- public speaking,
- communication with program participants,
- designing presentations and posters, and
- event planning.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek to foster a “TOMODACHI generation” of young American and Japanese leaders who are committed to and engaged in strengthening U.S.-Japan relations, appreciate each other’s countries and cultures, and possess the global skills and mindsets needed to contribute to and thrive in a more cooperative, prosperous, and secure world.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Bilingual proficiency in spoken and written Japanese and English
- Commit at least 16 hours per week for a minimum of three months in the Fall
- Summer interns are required to commit at least 4 days a week and 7 hours a day for a minimum of two months
- Maintain good academic standing at an accredited university, college, or technical program