The submission period of Taipei International Design Award 2021 is starting from today till Aug. 10th ,2021. This year’s total prize money is up to NT 3.8 million including NT 600K for the grand prize -Taipei City Mayor Award. We sincerely invite all designers from various fields to participate, take Taipei as an international stage to show your design creativity and shine to the world.
In addition to the three main original categories in the industrial design, visual communication design and public space design, this year our special prize “Social Design Award” has renamed as “Social Innovation Award” in order to encourage designer to come up with more ideas regarding public interests.
We are looking forward to seeing more practical works, projects, services are created to help the society actually solving problems in daily bases and confronting challenges from city development.
This year we are very honored to invite three design experts as the conveners of judge panel, including Cheng-Neng, Kuan, honorary chair professor of department of industrial design in Shih Chien University for Industrial Design category; Leslie Chan, Director of Leslie Chan Design Co., Ltd. for Visual Communication Design category; Chen Chung, Yao, the famous interior designer for Public Space Design category. We believed that our TIDA judges will fully committed to acknowledge and distinguish excellent design in all its forms by following a strict and fair evaluation process.
In various countries, the ability of design is regarded as the key to industrial upgrading for over the past few years. The Taipei City Government has followed the spirit of “Design for Adaptive City” and dedicated itself in building Taipei as a hub of creativity and innovation for designers and design companies through policy-making, business opportunity matching and cross-disciplinary promoting. TIDA has entered 14th year and has consistently collaborated with and endorsed by international design organizations, including International Council of Design (ICoD), World Design Organization (WDO), and International Federation of Interior Architect/Designers (IFI). Last year, there were 5,508 entries from 72 countries and regions and the entries have set a new record. The proportion of international participation was nearly 70% which has made TIDA become an indicative international design competition.
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGN: Industrial design refers to design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, Transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- VISUAL COMMUNICATION DESIGN: Visual communication includes designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing.
- PUBLIC SPACE DESIGN: Open space provided for public use, government buildings, and private establishments that are partially provided for public use.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after May 10, 2019.
Deadline: August 10, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
No registration fee required.
Total amount for cash prizes is NT$3,800,000.
- Taipei City Mayor Award: (NTD 600,000)
- Golden Award: (NTD 500,000)
- Silver Award: (NTD 200,000)
- Bronze Award: (NTD 150,000)
- ICoD Excellence Award (NTD 20,000)
- IFI Special Award: (NTD 20,000)
- WDO Sustainability Award (NTD 20,000)
- Advanced Application Award (NTD 240,000)
- Circular Design Award (NTD 100,000)
- Social Innovation Award (NTD 100,000)
- Judges’ Special Award (NTD 10,000)
- Sponsors Award