From July 2 to July 4, students from all over the world meet in Berlin to attend the networking event for high achievers: Talent Meets Bertelsmann. This year’s topic is data-driven innovation. The students will meet international leaders, unleash their creativity in demanding workshops and work with experienced entrepreneurs on business ideas. The best business models will be rewarded with attractive prizes. The competition is open to students from around the world.
About the Event
This year, it’s all about data. And all about your ideas: Are you ready to shape the digital future?
We are looking for talents with an entrepreneurial, innovative mindset to take part in Talent Meets Bertelsmann (TMB) 2018. Are you creative and passionate about the media landscape and data-driven business models? Then take your chance: Get to meet members of our Executive Board and other top international leaders. You will participate in demanding workshops, working hand in hand with experienced entrepreneurs on key business ideas, which will be evaluated by a jury composed of Bertelsmann’s Executive Board members.
Use the opportunity to explore the different people working for Bertelsmann and make memories that will last a lifetime!
On day one, the participants get to know each other and work on a creative assignment.
Day two is all about workshops. In small groups the students work on key business based on data-driven innovation. The workshops are hosted by Bertelsmann entrepreneurs providing know-how and experience. Finally, all groups present their results to a jury. During an award ceremony, the best ideas and designs are rewarded with attractive prizes.
On day three, the participants attend a career brunch as well as individual career coachings held by experienced company representatives.
How to apply: Send us an application (in English) telling us about yourself and your goals. Let us know why you want to participate in the data edition of “Talent Meets Bertelsmann.” Your resume should clearly indicate that you are fascinated by media as well as data, and your motivation letter should explain why you are eager to pursue entrepreneurial challenges. Please attach any certificates attesting to your proficiency in English if available.
After we have reviewed your application, we will decide if you will be invited to the second round of the selection process: an asynchronous video interview. Alternatively, there is the possibility to have a phone interview instead of the asynchronous video interview. After the interviews, we will soon send out invitations for the event.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor, Master or MBA students or doctoral candidates, ideally in the field of economics, humanities, media management or business informatics with a keen interest in data science
- Experience in developing creative, data-driven business models and a fascination with cutting-edge digital trends
- Proven affinity for media and data in projects conducted outside of a school or university context
- Above-average academic performance, as well as strong analytical and conceptual abilities and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Deadline: May 13, 2018
Program Starts: July 02, 2018
Program Ends: July 04, 2018
Cost/funding for participants:
What we’re offering:
- An invitation to Berlin from July 2 to July 4, 2018
- Workshops on future trends in Bertelsmann’s business areas
- Attractive prizes for the best ideas and designs
- An unforgettable party with a concert from a BMG talent
- Individual career consulting and outstanding networking opportunities
- Membership in the extraordinary “Talent Meets Bertelsmann“ network, which gives you the chance to build a long-term relationship with us and other talented member
Organizational details: We’ll cover the costs of each participant’s hotel room for two nights (July 2 to July 4, 2018), as well as travel expenses up to 300 EUR for students coming from European schools and up to 500 EUR for students from non-European schools. All participants are invited to join a closed Facebook group so that you can get to know one another in advance of the event.