United States of America
Helping aspiring technologists stay on track.
Through its Tech Journey Fund (TJF), AnitaB.org aims to help technology students overcome major and immediate life challenges that pose a threat to completion of their degrees by providing quick access funding. For this reason, AnitaB.org proudly partners with the Last Mile Education Fund to allocate TJF scholarship awards.
Industry and education need to innovate around why and how they provide support to students. Last Mile offers a disruptive approach to student investment—an abundance view toward who qualifies for scholarships and opportunities. Investment in struggling yet striving female computing students represents an untapped opportunity to change the face and culture of computing.
The AnitaB.org TJF scholarship awards are distributed through Last Mile via two mechanisms: Bridge and Last Mile awards.
- Bridge awards help tech women stay on track in their education and career pursuits by providing quick-access funding to address short-term cash-flow issues that can be catastrophic for a low-income student. Examples include instances like a car repair or medical bills, food or housing expenses, or unexpected student fees.
- Last Mile funding provides support to students in the final stages of their technical education journey, typically for tuition, housing, and graduation expenses.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The AnitaB.org Tech Journey Fund allocates scholarship awards through the Last Mile Education Fund to women pursuing technical undergraduate degrees including both 2- and 4-year institutions in the U.S. All applicants for AnitaB.org funds shall meet the criteria outlined below and applications will be accepted until available funds have been exhausted.
At this time, applicants must:
- Identify as a woman or a non-binary individual
- Identify as Black, Native American, or Latinx
- Demonstrate low-income status or evidence of an urgent need (eligibility for Federal Aid is not a requirement, although applicants must be able to demonstrate financial need)
- Currently in pursuit of an undergraduate computing-related degree at an accredited institution of higher education in the U.S. Eligible degrees will be outlined in the application.
- Currently located in the United States
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
You are completing the application for Bridge or Last Mile funding. Bridge Funding is for short term major financial obstacles (i.e. car repair, medical expense, device, job loss) and is for expenses up to $3000. Last Mile Funding is intended for students in their last semester or needing a few credits to cover tuition and expenses to complete your degree and can cover expenses up to $10,000.