Leveraged to improve efficiency, production and/or effectiveness in one of these sectors:
- Food Service
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Industrial Manufacturing
Throughout this challenge, you will learn more about AI from our expert mentors who will help you develop the right tools to start your next – or even your first – successful AI project.
Become an AI expert, build a better world, expand your network and win great prizes!
Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) are transforming world economies, changing the way we work, and shaping the future of our planet. With this in mind, we have chosen five sectors in which we think AI could make a difference. We need your help to develop creative projects that identify how to integrate innovative technologies in the business world. Choose any or all of the sectors below that you are interested in and work with us to create an AI future!
While artificial intelligence may sound like a buzzword limited to the tech industry, it has actually become widely used across numerous business sectors including the food service industry. With ever-increasing competition and rising costs of running a food service business, there is a pressing need for “smart” technology that can increase its profitability or enhance the customer experience.
- How can we utilize AI to improve restaurant staff management?
- How can AI be used to decrease restaurants’ dependency on human workers?
- How can we enhance the customer dining experience with customer-facing AI technology?
- Can AI be used to improve the efficiency of a restaurant’s operations?
Imagine AI solutions that can be easily implemented in restaurants to create the dining experience of the future.
HOSPITALITY & TOURISM
In an industry specifically dedicated to creating memorable experiences for its guests, there is a great need for technology that can perform tasks that traditionally require humans. Integration of AI in hospitality and tourism can save valuable time and money for both the customers and businesses while increasing customer satisfaction by eliminating possible human error. Many tech-driven hospitality companies have already begun adding AI to their operations however its adoption is still in its infancy at this point in time.
- How can AI be used in hospitality and tourism to provide 24/7 assistance to customers (chatbots, social media platforms, messaging apps, etc.) more efficiently than people?
- Can AI be utilized to power offline customer-facing technology improving overall customer service efficiency?
- How can businesses utilize AI to gather and interpret data, and draw conclusions about their customers, business practices, and pricing strategies?
Envision possible improvements in the hospitality and tourism industry with the integration of AI!
One of the world’s most vital sectors, the agriculture industry is going through a much-needed tech upgrade as it is predicted the world will need to produce 50% more food by 2050. The integration of AI is helping companies harvest with more productivity and greater crop yield. In other words, technology is allowing farmers to make better use of their land and simultaneously use resources more sustainably.
- How can AI be integrated into farming machinery to autonomously perform multiple tasks?
- Can AI be used to develop robots that can perform complex tasks (controlling weeds, picking fruits, etc.) more efficiently than human workers?
- How can AI help farmers manage pest infestations and prevent losses in crops?
- Can AI be used to monitor soil and crop health to detect any defects in the land/plants?
- How can AI improve precision farming practices (water management, crop rotation, timely harvesting, etc.)?
Agriculture is a foundation of the world’s economy and requires innovative solutions to handle the rising demand from the increasing population. Figure out how AI can aid this endeavor!
SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS
Supply-chain and logistics is a critical element of almost every industry. As it is a complex system of organizations, people, activities, information, and resources, the integration of AI can have a significant impact on productivity. In fact, according to PriceWaterhouseCoopers, using AI in businesses’ supply chains could contribute around $15.7tr USD to the global economy by 2030.
- How can the predictive capabilities of AI be used to help demand forecasting?
- Can AI be utilized to refine customer support?
- How can AI be utilized to automate warehouse operations and increase both productivity and efficiency?
- Can AI be utilized to improve delivery times and reduce costs?
Conceptualize how we can improve supply chain & logistics with AI to increase the productivity of the world’s businesses!
According to Accenture, AI-powered technologies could increase labor productivity by up to 40% in industrial manufacturing. Furthermore, with the integration of AI, it is predicted that around 3.8 trillion dollars in gross value will be added to the manufacturing sector by automating the manufacturing processes (manufacturing, quality control, design, resource management, data analytics, etc.).
- Can AI be used for more stringent quality control and spot flaws in products that are difficult to notice with the naked eye?
- How can AI help companies predict when machines need maintenance with high accuracy?
- Can AI help to transform manufacturing by reducing its environmental impact by optimizing energy and resource efficiency?
- How can AI be used in tandem with big data to unlock insights about the manufacturing process that was previously unknown?
Help solve the increasing need to improve the efficiency and sustainability of industrial manufacturing!
In a team of 2 to 4 people, develop a project that helps improve efficiency, production, and/or effectiveness within traditional sectors by leveraging AI, along with conducting a market analysis on the sector/business area. At the end of this challenge your project should include:
- A market analysis on the sector/business area,
- An innovative (new to market) product or service that will meet a need/desire within that sector/business area,
- A high-level marketing and adoption strategy.
DISCOVER THE TIMELINE
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- Canadian Student. Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and/or with full legal capacity, who
(i) is currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or graduated in the last 2 year, and
(ii) is legally considered a Canadian resident. Each student may only participate once in each Challenge.
If the participant is a minor, you must provide authorization signed by a parent or guardian in the name of the minor.
All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, proof of residency, student card, etc.).
This Challenge is not open to employees and representatives of the Sponsor and Agorize and the members of their families. This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
Deadline: January 12, 2021
Program Starts: January 25, 2021
Program Ends: April 02, 2021
Cost/funding for participants: