Technische Universität Berlin's new campus was officially inaugurated in El Gouna, Egypt on October 28, 2012, offering Masters degrees in energy engineering, water engineering and urban engineering development. The three specializations have been designed to qualify students in areas of vital importance for the development of Egypt and countries in the MENA region.
The TUB Campus El-Gouna is now the first German university to operate a campus in Egypt wholly on the basis of the quality criteria of the Federal Republic of Germany. The realization of this Campus El Gouna was made possible by the extraordinary initiative of the sponsor/donor, TU alumnus Samih Sawiris. He has donated LE200 million to the project, reinforcing Egypt’s reputation as a venue for scientific research and technology.
The SFSD scholarship program for supporting students enrolled in TUB Campus El Gouna is based on merit, academic excellence and the need for financial aid. Our scholarship package ranges from full to partial tuition waiver including accommodation expenses. A total of 11 Egyptian students have been awarded Sawiris scholarships, two of them funded by Orascom Construction Industries (OCI).
The academic sector of Campus El Gouna is run exclusively by German or German-educated staff and the administrative management and rules correspond to German state-controlled regulations. Campus El Gouna offers students outstanding working conditions: modern buildings with excellent facilities, laboratories and halls for experiments according to German standards. One of the four terms brings the students to Berlin and gives them the chance to live in the mother university.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Egyptian nationality.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Meet TUB entry requirements for Master’s degree programs: Energy Engineering, Urban Development and Water Engineering.
- Demonstrate proficiency and command of the English language.
- Demonstrate inability to finance their studies from own resources.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria of Campus El Gouna can apply for SFSD scholarship by sending a motivation letter (1-2 pages) including an explanation for their need of financial support to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SFSD scholarship recipients will be selected based on their academic assessment (which will be made by the scientific committees of Campus El-Gouna during its regular selection and approval process) and their financial need (as declared in their motivation letters) along with their application for one of the masters programs (http://www.tu-berlin.de/?id=96807&L=1).
- Our scholarship package ranges from full to partial tuition waiver including accommodation expenses.
- The SFSD scholarship is granted to a limited number of the degree-seeking students for a two-year period, to be revised annually.
- Our scholarship package covers full tuition fees.