Albania Argentina Australia Belgium Bolivia Botswana Canada Chile China Colombia Czech Republic Egypt France Germany Hungary India Ireland Italy Japan Kenya Korea, South Lebanon Mexico Mongolia Namibia Netherlands Nigeria Online Peru Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Romania Singapore Slovakia South Africa Spain Switzerland Taiwan Tunisia Turkey United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America Uruguay Vietnam Worldwide
The 48 Hour Film Project is a wild and sleepless weekend in which you and a team make a movie - write, shoot, edit and score it - in just 48 hours!! The 48 Hour Film Project (48HFP) will occur in cities around the world on different weekends throughout the year.
It's A Weekend Of Adrenaline, Fun And Creativity!
The 48 Hour Film Project is really quite simple. It is a test of you and your team's ability to work together and make a movie in only 48 hours. The sense of accomplishment is tremendous - and you will celebrate by watching your film on the big screen.
The 48 Hour Film Project will occur between a Friday 7pm local time and the following Sunday 7pm local time. This is the Official Time Period. (Days of the competition may vary in some countries.)
At the Kickoff Event each team draws TWO genres from a hat.
At the Kickoff Event you will be assigned two genres - one from Group #1 and one from Group #2 as listed below. Your team may decide which one you to use for your film. For years we've had everyone's favorite pairing Musical or Western, but now each and every genre will be paired.
With this change, the Wild Card option has been eliminated. Your film must be true to one of the genres you have selected — and no trading with other teams!
Got it all? Well, be warned... We switch up the options each year - just to keep you on your toes!!
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Depending on the location.
To be eligible for the Project, Entries must be
- the original work of the Entrant;
- must not infringe third-party's rights;
- must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- must not contain obscene or pornographic material;
- may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity;
- may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity;
- may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations;
- and may not contain any copyrighted elements (other than as owned by the Entrant and/or 48HFP).
Entries containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the 48HFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. 48HFP reserves the right to make the final determination as to which Entries are eligible. 48HFP also reserves the right to refuse to screen a film or to make an announcement at the screening regarding the content of the film.
The elements will vary from city to city, but in each location ALL teams will have the same required elements. It's up to each team to decide how to integrate them into their own film. Teams compete for most creative use of these elements.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
One (1) City Winner Prize
The top Entry in each city will be awarded a trophy; will be screened at "Filmapalooza", the Annual 48 Hour Film Project, Inc.
Awards Weekend (date and location to be announced); and shall be eligible for the award of "Best 48 Hour Film of the Year".
Registration is based on a first-come first-served basis and space is limited.
- Early bird registration fees are $140 per team.
- Regular registration fees are $160 per team. Late registration fees are $175 per team.
First Year Cities Only: If the 48HFP is coming to a city for the first time in 2016, the registration fee is $125 per team.
- Typically, Early Bird registration begins 8 weeks before a competition and closes 4 weeks before the competition.
- Typically, Regular registration begins 4 weeks before the competition and closes 2 weeks before the competition.
- Typically, Late registration begins 2 weeks before the competition. For fees and registration for International Projects, please check the city's webpage.