Austria Belgium France Germany Hungary Italy Online
CIFE, an institution with more than 60 years of experience in providing post-graduate education in European affairs, offers a two-years (26 months) Master programme. In the ever-changing landscape of twenty first century development, internet and social media have empowered individuals, academics and institutions in the design of new educational blended learning formats.
Our Executive Master in EU Studies - Multi-disciplinary and flexible
CIFE's Executive Master in EU Studies is a multi-disciplinary two-year (60 ECTS) curriculum, which offers flexible study paths and methods for professionals and officials who are pursuing their careers at the same time.
Our participants receive structured knowledge of EU fundamentals and a focus on selected priority issues for an in-depth understanding and future-oriented approach to EU integration.
Our Curriculum - structured and focussed
The first year offers a range of compulsory and optional courses in EU history, political science, economics, EU law, lobbying, sustainable development and more. The second year combines high level teaching in the chosen specialisation with either a research track, leading to a Master’s thesis or a professional track, intensifying skills and competences for the labour market. Throughout the programme, we teach research and methodology based on best practices of the academic community. Additionally, we offer skills and competences training such as a Council negotiation and ECJ simulation, cross-country comparative statistics, policy briefs, economic analyses and legal memos, opinions and writs as well as project management, public speaking, presentation and debate.
Our Methods - virtual and personal
The Executive Master offers state-of-the-art blended learning through interactive online courses with moderated fora, regular teaching and recap webinars, own instructional videos and individual supervision online. Our 8 intensive weekend workshops in Berlin, Budapest, Brussels, Nice, Rome and Vienna bring together participants and faculty in intensive teaching and skills workshops. CIFE organises briefings with experts working in governmental and policy-oriented institutions dealing with relevant EU-related issues in the given country.
AT A GLANCE
- Online courses related to the EU integration process
- Workshops in Berlin, Rome, Budapest, Brussels, Vienna, Barcelona and Nice
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Price: 9.800 EUR
CIFE Services included in the price:
- Access to all courses online, webinars
- Accommodation and meals during the workshops
- Meetings with national decision makers
- Expertise from some of Europe's most renowned academics and practitioners in their fields
- Exclusive and individual guidance
Application deadline: September 5
Early bird until June 30
Next start: October 2020
The first term introduces the basic courses required to understand European integration:
- History of European integration
- The institutional architecture of the EU
- Introduction to EU law
The second and third term are composed of compulsory courses:
- EU law in action: leading cases - Internal market and Competition
- The EU in World Politics
- The Enlargement of the EU - experiences, processes and impact
- Simulation of a Summit of the EU Council
and optional courses:
- Transition and Regional Development
- Sustainable Development in the EU
- Justice and Home Affairs
- Interest Representation in the EU
- Economic Dimension of the EU integration
During the second study year, participants first all follow advanced courses and then choose one of the following tracks for their specialisation:
- Explaining the institutional evolution of the EU: drivers and barriers
- The European Union facing global economic challenges
- Constitutional Framework of the EU, European Citizenship and EU Fundamental Rights
Participants opting for the professional track chose one specialisation course, intensify their skills and competences for the labour market and complete their studies with a final paper.
- The EU as global actor: roles in international organisations and negotiations dealing with international crises and neighbourhood conflicts
- Cohesion and differenciation - internal cohesion of the EU
- Internal Market, Trade and Sustainability
Participants opting for the research track acquire research and methodology methods and a attend a research colloquium that leads to a master thesis in their chosen field of interest:
- Political science
- EU law
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: September 05, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
A limited number of scholarships are available to reduce the financial burden of the course fee. The amount granted will depend on the individual participant's financial situation.
Scholarships to cover the partial costs of tuition can be granted by different organisations, depending on the nationality of the applicant and other features.
Participants to whom we grant a scholarship will be accomodated in a twin bed room during the workshops (unless you pay the price difference for a single bedroom).