Online United States of America
The Competition is an ideal way to exhibit your talent to a wider international audience. With a distinguished panel of jurors and more than $70,000 in valuable prizes, it is open to photographers from around the world at any stage of their careers.
Art submitted to the competition will be reviewed by a rotating panel of expert jurors, each representing a different field in the art world, ensuring a fair and balanced selection process.
- Early Bird NOV 2020 15th
- Opens DEC 2020 8th
- Deadline AUG 2021 10th
- Results SEP 2021 14th
Accepted Media And Topics
Digital, Analog, Phone Images and Images taken with any camera are all accepted. Videos are not allowed
The competition does not impose any restrictions in terms of the subject of the submitted photographs. The images may investigate any topic, from regional cultures and travel photography to commercial work and photojournalism.
Please note that all submitted images must be available for sale.
Materials Required For Submission
- Each photographer must submit at least one (1) image on any topic of their choice.
- All images must be accompanied by a title.
- Each photographer must submit a minimum of five (5) images. The images may be part of a series or individual photographs.
- All entries must be accompanied by a title. You may also send in a series description (not mandatory).
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- All entrants must be above the age of 18.
- The competition is open to photographers from across the globe.
- All photographs submitted must be for sale.
- There is no time frame in which the work must have been created.
- Collaborative work is accepted as long as the collaboration does not exceed two photographers or artists.
- You may enter the same images into other photography competitions. We have no exclusivity rights to your images.
- In the Professional Photography category, images that have been commissioned or acquired to be published for the first time in 2019 can also be entered, but only after the published date. You must be able to prove that this is the first time the work has been published
Who is a professional photographer?
Professional photographers are the ones who run a profitable business, have a solid body of work, have a number of publications in their name, and earn the majority of their income from photography.
Who is an amateur photographer?
Amateur photographers are the ones who engage in photography for pleasure rather than for financial benefit. They enjoy photography on different levels, considering it a hobby.
Deadline: August 10, 2021
Program Starts: December 08, 2020
Program Ends: August 10, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
This year’s prizes are valued at more than $55,000
- The Chelsea International Photography Competition provides the winning participants an opportunity to exhibit at one of our New York spaces, located in the heart of the Chelsea art district. The sprawling and elegant street-level space attracts hundreds of visitors with its striking exterior.
- Along with the exciting opportunity to showcase your works in New York, each artist will additionally be provided with invaluable promotional benefits.
- Amateur Photography:
There is a $25 entry fee for up to 5 images in this category. There will be a charge of $5 for each additional image.
- Professional Photography:
There is a $45 entry fee for up to 5 images in this category. There will be a charge of $5 for each additional image.
Early Bird Submissions: Submissions received from November 15 to December 7 may include 2 additional images at no additional cost.