Online United States of America
You can make a personal investment in these children’s lives by volunteering with CCAI, educating yourself and others through communication and advocacy, and engaging in your community.
Volunteer with CCAI
Throughout the year CCAI has a range of volunteer opportunities. Here are a few:
- Former Capitol Hill Staff: Host our Angels in Adoption® on Capitol Hill during the Angels in Adoption® Hill Day or advise a Foster Youth Intern as they write their policy report to Congress.
- Professional Photographers and Videographers: Capture the stories of the children, youth and families sharing their stories on Capitol Hill at CCAI’s special events.
- Graphic Designers: Assist with designs for CCAI’s Annual Report, website and special events.
- Professional Editors: Assist the Directors of Policy, Programs and Development with editing projects.
- Media and Journalists: Write and pitch stories about CCAI’s Angels in Adoption®, Foster Youth Interns, 20/20 Vision Program and other policy efforts in Congress.
- Development: Assist the Director of Development with thank you notes, research and database management. Participate in CCAI fundraising campaigns.
Please note: Some opportunities require expertise or physical presence in office.
The Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute (CCAI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that was founded in 2001 by advocates of children in the U.S. and around the world in need of families. These advocates sought to match the commitment of members of Congress' Adoption Caucus, the Congressional Coalition on Adoption, with the information and resources needed to make the dream of a family a reality for every child.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Timely Mental Health Act for Foster Youth (2015-2016) was inspired by a CCAI Foster Youth Internship Program® intern.
- CCAI is one of the original National Adoption Day founding organizations.
- There are over 150 Members of Congress in the Congressional Coalition on Adoption, Congress' largest bicameral, bipartisan caucus.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
For more information about volunteering with CCAI, please contact Misti Miller, CCAI’s Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.