Czech Republic Italy Spain United States of America
The Creativity Workshop is based in New York City and is taught around the world. It was established in 1993 by educator and writer Shelley Berc and educator and multimedia artist Alejandro Fogel. The Creativity Workshop is all about finding our sources of inspiration. It is not about products or competition but process and cooperation. We experiment with a variety of 'tools' to open up our creative possibilities --we explore, play, question and most of all have fun with our imaginations. Be more creative and travel to some of the most beautiful places in the world.
The Creativity Workshop is an inspiring, motivational experience. You will explore and transform your own creativity through a series of exercises working with creative writing, memoir, free form drawing, photography, storytelling and mindfulness. Our participants meet like-minded and inspiring individuals and make lifelong friends.
- You’ll get over creative blocks, writer’s block and paralyzing self-criticism
- You will find new sources of inspiration in everyday life
- You will learn a 15-minute practice that will keep you creative for life
We hold 4 and 5 days workshops. Classes are in the morning and then you’ll have the rest of the day to explore the locale where the workshop takes place.
Shelley Berc and Alejandro Fogel started The Creativity Workshop in 1993. Since then, they organized more than a thousand workshops in North and South America, Europe, The Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australia.
We teach from the point of view that people are by nature creative and that creativity, like DNA, is unique to each individual. We believe that in the right atmosphere and with the right tools anyone can tap into the creative stream that runs through us all.
We believe that the creative spirit within us is a trickster that adores turning our world upside down. It is a tempest in our comfortable little teapot. It is our personal daemon determined to imprint our unique voice upon the planet, if only we will let it. It trips us on a banana peel and tickles us silly until we give up and join in its revelry. If The Creativity Workshop could be summed up in one word–it is play. Play is one of the greatest teachers of all and it resides inside each one of us, just waiting to get out.
Dates and locations
- New York, TBA
- Prague, June 30-July 4 2021: Registration ends 6/28/21
- Florence, July 9-13 2021: Registration ends 7/7/21
- Barcelona, July 18-22 2021: Registration ends 7/16/21
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- You don’t have to be an artist to be creative. The Creativity Workshops are for people from all professions, ages and nations. Educators, scientists, lawyers, writers, artists, engineers, advertising and marketing professionals, therapists, business professionals all attend our workshops.
- What Creativity Workshop participants all have in common is the desire to explore and harness their unique creative process.
Deadline: June 28, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- New York workshop tuition: $895
- Prague workshop tuition: $1,395
- Florence workshop tuition: $1,395
- Barcelona workshop tuition: $1,395