Albania Andorra Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Bulgaria Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Estonia Finland France Georgia Germany Gibraltar Greece Hungary Iceland Ireland Italy Kosovo UN1244 (*not recognized by majority of countries) Latvia Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg North Macedonia Malta Moldova Monaco Montenegro Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Romania Russia San Marino Serbia Slovakia Slovenia Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey Ukraine United Kingdom Vatican City
The Forum of European Roma Young People (FERYP) is the first European Roma Youth Network established as a non-formal network in 1997 and registered as a European Roma Youth Association in 2002 in Strasbourg, France. (www.feryp.org). Our mission is to empower young Roma trough supporting their personal and organizational capacity building, promoting the Roma identity, advocating for increased level of Roma youth participation on local, regional, national and international level, fighting anti-gypsism and addressing the challenges of diversity within the Roma communities. Our work supports, encourages and enhances active Roma youth participation in decision-making processes with the aim to mainstream Roma issues in youth policies and youth issues in Roma policies and programmes. Our bureau is elected of experienced young Roma professionals who are ready to address Roma youth challenges and strongly support Roma youth initiatives in Europe.
What can you or your organization benefit from FERYP membership?
- New opportunities for participation in an international study platform (study sessions, trainings, seminars, and conferences);
- Meeting other young Roma people from Europe;
- Exchanging experiences and good practices among the members and other professionals;
- New opportunities for building partnerships of cooperation and professional networking with international, national, regional and local governmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Possibilities to contribute in uniting Roma youth in Europe;
- Receive regular information on Roma youth related development issues from all over Europe;
- New opportunities for strengthening and acknowledging your work in local Roma communities through the work of the Local Focal Points of our European Network;
- Visibility to raise awareness about your concerns, messages, proposals, and ideas on Roma Youth issues from local to European level through the well-established FERYP platform;
- Be Europe wise recognized as a supporter and activist of Roma youth issues;
- Benefiting from FERYP’s professional membership platforms;
- Having a say in FERYP’s organizational discourse by electing the European Bureau members – every second year (please note that an individual member has one vote and a member with an youth organization has three votes)
What should be your contribution as a FERYP member?
- FERYP members would knowingly commit and actively work to support and promote the mission, goals and objectives of the organization. Members are also expected to dedicate enthusiasm; assign time and efforts for the sake of the organization;
- Actively participate in the planning, implementation monitoring and evaluation of FERYP activities;
- Apply for becoming FERYP Local Focal Point (LFP) or actively support the work of the LFPs in your country and help directly to your Romani community in your location;
- FERYP Local Focal Points (LFPs) are expected to report on activities implemented in the respected partnership twice a year to the Bureau Members to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read more on LFPs here;
- Promote the role of multipliers and agents of change by being active role model within Romani communities i.e. assist youngsters through local actions to become multipliers;
- Promote Roma youth empowerment at local level;
- Participate in the General Assemblies of FERYP and use your right to vote in the election processes of the organization. FERYP members shape the future of the organization;
- Exchange information and opportunities for exchange with other FERYP members;
- Pay an annual membership fee. As decided at the FERYP General Assembly on 31 October 2011: Individual annual membership fee is 10 Euro, Annual membership fee for organizations with less than 100 members is 50 Euro, and Annual membership fee for organizations with more than 100 members is 100 Euro.
- FERYP members are expected to contribute to our online platform on the FERYP’s website, share information on Roma youth development issues from their community and region.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Who can become a FERYP member?
The FERYP membership is open to all Roma youth as individuals and for Roma youth organizations.
If you are a young Roma or you represent a Roma youth organization and you endorse FERYP’s mission sign up for a membership with us now.
Simple complete the Membership Application form that can be downloaded here. After completing the form, you are kindly requested to send it to ferypbureau. Our bureau will review your application form and come back to you with a decision at our best convenience.