Online Spain Worldwide
ABOUT OAS AND STRUCTURALIA INITIATIVES
STRUCTURALIA is the global leader academy of specialized education in the fields of engineering, infrastructures, and energy. From 2001, more than 85,000 professionals have enrolled in one of its high-skilled training programs, advance programs, and masters with university qualifications. STRUCTURALIA promotes more than 250 specialized courses, which are part of a catalogue of more than 22,000 academic hours, and incorporate interactivity, virtual simulation, 3D developing, and audiovisual content. It also counts with a faculty of authors and professors of more than 450 professional experts in each of the disciplines they teach. STRUCTURALIA promotes its post-graduate courses with the collaboration of outstanding universities and institutions in each field (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, ICADE e ICAI-Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Universidad Alfonso X el Sabio), and collaborates with national and international experts of each discipline for the development of the educational content and for mentoring.
STRUCTURALIA is also a pioneer since it promotes the incorporation of interactive methodological tools and multimedia into its educational programs and investigates today’s educational projects through mobile devices and television. It currently counts with 68 Online Educational Centers established with its technology and services. STRUCTURALIA has an international presence in Spain, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia, and Central America. Also, it keeps collaboration agreements with prestigious institutions in Latin American countries. In the Latin American territory, STRUCTURALIA imparts, through online classes, more than 150 courses in many editions throughout the year in more than 50 countries.
The OAS General Secretariat (GS/OAS) is the central and permanent organ of the Organization of AmericanStates(OAS). Through its Department of Human Development, Education and Employment (DHDEE), GS/OAS supports OAS member Statesin creating policies and executing programs that promote human capacity development at all educational levels. By enabling formative opportunities to citizens, DHDEE strengthens democratic values and security under the framework of regional integration. DHDEE does this: (i) by supporting the efforts of OAS member states to improve the quality of and equity in education; and (ii) by assisting the citizens of the Americas in realizing their full potential by giving them access to knowledge and skills throughtraining that improves the standard of living for individuals, families and communities in the region.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Applicants who can qualify for the scholarship are all who are interested and poses a nationality and/or legal and permanent residency of any of the OAS Member Statesof the GS/OAS;
- To be a scholar, the candidate must have finalized the process of admission and have been admitted to the study program at STRUCTURALIA;
- The candidate can’t have received other academic scholarships of OAS at the same educational level proposed in this call. The officials of GS/OAS, the people under a performance contract with GS/OAS, the Permanent Missions personnel and their families are not eligible for an OAS scholarship.
Evaluation criteria and selection:
- Academic profile, merit, and academic credentials;
- The scholar potential impact with the completion of the study program, and;
- Geographic distribution of the scholars, considering the most important needs of the Member States, according to the Human Development Index reported in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Applicants Professional Profile: These postgrad programsare directed to university graduates with a high school diploma, such as engineers, architects, building engineers, and bachelor's, preferably with professional experience,in the fieldin which the applicantis applying.
Deadline: October 08, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
- The grant will cover 50% or 80% of the total cost of the tuition fee, according to the selected program.
- The benefits are subject to the academic performance of the scholar to maintain the grant for the duration of the study program. The scholar can’t be reported for low academic levels for the absence of the program and-or failing of school subjects. Also, it should keep an average grade of 6/10 or higher in every academic period.
- This access will have the same duration as the program selected, and it will be facilitated to all the fellowships of an OAS scholarship at the time of his/her enrolment. The free access will maintain as long the student is up to date to his/her academic and financial obligations by the master's degree in which was enrolled.