Help the world-renowned leader in scientific detection and imaging technologies to improve our daily lives! So, don't delay - sign up today! The 10 best teams that are selected for the second stage will receive prizes!
The first Photonis Challenge
Photonis is launching an international challenge for Engineering and Business students. They are on a mission to use their scientific knowledge to create a better tomorrow.
To drive this mission to enhance their current key product brands, they are always looking for new opportunities.
Want to pair up with one of the leading companies high-tech? Let's explore all the possibilities that Photonis brings!
Your challenge is to help Photonis develop new products, find new markets and applications, and identify ways to become integrated higher up in the value chain!
You'll be given support from Photonis experts to improve your idea and bring it to market.
For the Engineering category, create a project that's linked to one of the following topics :
- Early Diagnostics - How could Photonis products improve early detection of diseases?
- Democratizing mass spectrometry - What ideas could lead to the creation of an affordable handheld mass spectrometer for the consumer market?
- Food safety - With the scientific technology that Photonis provides what ideas could improve food safety?
For the Business category, create a project that's linked to one of the following topics:
- Business development - Propose innovative solutions to help Photonis shift from being a scientific component manufacturer to being an integrated solutions company.
- International expansion - Propose innovative marketing solutions in order to better promote Photonis in your region.
- Corporate development - Propose innovative solutions to allow the company to successfully shift from a scientific knowledge-driven company to a market-oriented one.
Think "Out of the box" - If you have a great idea that doesn't fit within the scope of the topics mentioned, feel free to submit your idea anyway!
- Surprise Photonis by sharing your ideas that lie outside their scope of activities! So why wait? Sign up and submit your idea today!
4 reasons to take part The future is in your hands!
Do you want to:
- Work with a major company in the electro-optic product sector?
- Win great prizes?
- Receive mentoring from experts in high-tech fields?
- Meet professionals to develop your network?
Then this challenge is for you!
- 1st Stage - Ideation - From Friday February 1st to Sunday May 12th
Create your account and take part on your own or create a team of 2 to 4 people through the challenge platform! Choose a challenge category to work on with your teammates and submit your application when you're ready. It’s as easy as that!
You can use the template provided by Photonis to present your project. You're welcome to use this template as inspiration, but feel free to add any other documents such as images, video, etc. The most creative and feasible projects will go through to the expansion stage.
The 10 most creative and feasible projects will go through to the expansion stage!
- 2nd stage - Expansion - Until June 12th, 2019 23:59 UTC+9
The 10 selected projects will have to expand on their idea in a 20-slides presentation (PowerPoint or PDF). You're also free to add any other content that might be useful to support your project (a video, a prototype, etc.). During this stage, you will be supported by mentors, who will help you with your work and with optimizing the end result!
The 3 best projects will have the opportunity to take part in the Grand Final!
The decision criteria are innovativeness, feasibility, presentation quality and long-term impact.
- 3rd stage - Final - June 27th or 28th, 2019
In an as-yet unannounced location, the 3 teams of finalists will pitch their project in front of the Final Jury, formed of Photonis Top Executives and other experts, at the Grand Final.
Selection will be based on the following criteria: innovation as well as technical and economic feasibility.
Photonis is a global designer and manufacturer of electro-optic products used in the detection and imaging of ions, electrons and photons. Photonis products are used in a wide range of applications from materials analysis, space exploration, high-energy physics, food safety, drug discovery, nondestructive testing, andprecision medicine.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Participation to the Challenge is under the conditions of:
- Being any natural adult person, currently enrolled in higher education or anyone graduated from an institution of higher education of the territory two years ago or less and able to justify it with a student card.
- Being any person on legal age and able to justify it with an Identification card.
There is only one entry per person in the Challenge.
Participants must form teams from 1 to 4 members.
Deadline: May 12, 2019
Program Starts: June 27, 2019
Program Ends: June 28, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
A range of great prizes for the 10 best projects!
- For the 1st team - €5,000 You will receive €5,000 to share with your team
- For the 2nd team - €2,500 You will receive €2,500 to share with your team
- For the 3rd team - €1,000 You will receive €1,000 to share with your team
- All teams in stage 2 - €100 Each team will win €100 to thank them for their investment
June 27 or 28th - Save the date for the final event - Make it to the Grand Finale for the chance to pitch your bold idea at the final event in an as-yet unannounced location!