Japan United States of America Worldwide
One year, One country, One project … and you! If you’re keen to kickstart your international career, the Prince Albert Fund might be just the challenge you need. Essentially, it’s your chance to manage a one-year business project for a Belgian company outside Europe, giving you invaluable business and inter-cultural experience, as well as accelerating your international career as a member of a select network of the Fund’s alumni.
What is it ?!
IN A NUTSHELL
- A 12-month business development assignment outside Europe for a Belgian company of your choice
- Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
We’re not offering you a traineeship. We’re enabling you to develop your own fully-fledged international project, so the application criteria are demanding.
To be chosen for a Grant you must have two to three years’ professional experience, be 30 or younger, hold a Master’s degree in a relevant subject, be keen to take on new professional challenges, and be able to demonstrate your talent and motivation.
You don’t need a project to apply – the first thing we look at is the quality of your candidature as an individual. We do this at an interview stage, with a specially selected panel at the King Baudouin Foundation in Brussels.
Once you’re selected as a candidate, you’ll receive a number of training and coaching sessions. You will be able to choose your own project and destination at this stage, either an opportunity from one of our candidate companies, or from your own contacts.
And then you’ll be off – one year, one country, one project, and it’s up to you to make it work. Hand in a successful project report at the end of your mission and you have a chance to become a Prince Albert Fund Laureate, a distinction that carries real recognition in the world of international Belgian business.
- Prior to departure, you’ll attend a 3-day training session developed specifically for you.
- You start your project within the given deadines and spend a maximum of one month at the host company in Belgium and at least 11 months abroad conducting the project for the host company.
- At the end of your project, you’ll hand in your evaluation report which will be reviewed by the Steering Committee.
- Upon your return to Belgium, you’ll attend a feedback session organized by the Fund.
- Based on the reports, the feedback of the company, the respect of all deadlines and obligations, the Committee decides whether the participants receive the title of Laureate of the Prince Albert Fund.
- A ceremony is organised once a year in presence of HRH Princess Astrid in Brussels where the Laureates receive their official title.
The Prince Albert Fund is a leading non-profit organisation dedicated to helping young talented Belgian professionals acquire experience in conducting international projects.
In the last 30 years we have enabled hundreds of young Belgian professionals to develop skills and gain invaluable experience in international business by managing projects for more than 100 different Belgian companies.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We look for talented highly motivated young professionals who need to fulfill the following criteria to apply. The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is a EU citizen with a clear link with Belgium
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (“real” professional experience, we value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minimum 3 months to count)
- Is 30 years old or younger
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset
Application is only possible online once a year during the application period, this year until January 11th 2021.
Do remember, if you are selected you will need to start your project between June 1st 2020 and January 31st 2021.
Deadline: January 11, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).