Help TD Insurance improve its positive impact on society and make its communities' lives better. After a successful first edition bringing together over 768 participants from 32 different countries, the TD Insurance Challenge is back! For its second year, TD Insurance is asking you to come up with new initiatives to improve the positive impact it has on society and to improve community life.
Sustainable development, employee engagement, policyholder security and fighting inequality are key issues that are an integral part of the insurance business – and it’s with this commitment to society in mind that TD Insurance has launched this challenge.
Whether you’re a novice or an expert in the world of insurance, this challenge is an opportunity to demonstrate your creative potential: unique prototype, innovative programme, new offering, or something else entirely, it’s over to you to design THE perfect solution that will amaze the TD Insurance teams!
Let's get started!
Form or join a team of 2 to 5 people to create or develop a project that’s close to your heart. Your idea must be based on one of the four given themes and be designed to improve the automotive and housinginsurance sector while also helping to make the world a better place!
During the second stage, the chosen teams will have an opportunity to take part in a webinar before receiving advice and support from a TD Insurance mentor to help them develop their project in as much detail as possible – the perfect way to make sure you’re giving your best!
To finish, the teams that are nominated for the final will be given pitch preparation training before being invited to the TD Insurance headquarters in Toronto to present their project in English to a prestigious jury of company managers and experts.
A three-stage process
Stage 1 - Registration and submission of ideas From 09/04/2018 to 10/21/2018
Create or join a team of 2-5 students. Firstly, each team needs to present their idea inaround five slides (using the presentation template on the platform), describing their concept clearly. Teams can also submit any other documents illustrating their idea if they wish to do so.
Each team must then upload their application to their personal area before 23.59 (GMT+0) on October 21, 2018!
NB: This challenge is exclusively for students or recent graduates (those who graduated in the last 3 years) who live in Europe or North America.
Stage 2 - Expansion - From 11/19/2018 to 01/06/2019
After the jury announces its verdict on November 19, 2018, the teams behind the 20 selected projects will:
- Receive online coaching from TD Insurance experts via the platform in addition to a webinar session where they will be able to ask any questions they have.
- Use their coach's recommendations to improve their project (technical development and feasibility, cost estimates, video, prototyping, etc.).
- Upload a video explaining their solution (up to 4 minutes long) to the platform before 23.59 (GMT+0) on January 6, 2019!
- Add up to 10 slides of additional information to their project (optional but strongly recommended).
Stage 3 - The Final - 02/19/2019
After the second jury announces its verdict on January 18, 2019, the 3 teams of finalistswill have the opportunity to pitch their solutions to a team of TD Insurance product management and innovation experts! The final, which will take place at the Toronto headquarters on February 19, 2019, will be a chance for participants to:
- See their project come to life.
- Get themselves noticed by TD Insurance.
- Win a range of prizes.
Find out more about TD Insurance
TD Insurance is part of the TD Bank Group, one of Canada’s largest financial services organizations. The company works in two sectors: general insurance and life and health insurance.
It has earned its place as the largest direct-response home and auto insurance group and one of the top three personal home and auto insurance groups in Canada. TD Insurance is also the national leader in critical illness insurance and a pioneer in affinity marketing, where it works jointly with other groups to market insurance to their members.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: October 21, 2018
Program Starts: February 19, 2019
Program Ends: February 19, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
A range of prizes to be won!
- For all finalists - A trip to Toronto - Each member of the teams selected for the final will be invited to Toronto to present their project at TD Insurance’s headquarters. They will also have the opportunity to get noticed by TD Insurance managers.
- 1st - For each team member - As well as being invited to Toronto to present your solution, each team member from the project that wins first place will receive a cheque for $1,200 CAD.
- 2nd - For each team member - As well as being invited to Toronto to present your solution, each team member from the project that wins second place will receive a cheque for $800 CAD.
- 3rd - For each team member - For each team member