Online United States of America
The Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator is a hands-on program designed to advance startups that create solutions for enterprise customers — inside and outside the financial industry.
Application, review & decision
We accept applications twice each year. The review process includes technical and executive reviews. We typically email applicants first-stage review results within one month after the application period ends.
Once selected, we'll collaborate on the working strategy between your company and Wells Fargo and, if applicable, assist in the execution of proof-of-concept projects.
Leverage our network
Test, prove, and grow your concept by connecting with business mentors, venture capitalists, and enterprise executives.
Why does Wells Fargo have an accelerator program?
There are multiple goals for the program, including:
- Spur innovation within Wells Fargo and expand access to new ideas in the financial services industry; examples include mobile, payments, digital marketing, security and authentication, advanced analytics, and infrastructure services.
- Help startups learn how to commercialize their ideas.
- Explore opportunities for us while solving real problems our businesses face.
What's different about this program?
This is not a standalone program with Wells Fargo's name on it. This program is embedded in our organization and connected to Wells Fargo's businesses. Additionally:
- We help startups break into the Fortune 500 market. Enterprises, financial or otherwise, have unique demands and requirements. We provide guidance to make the selling process easier and more effective.
- We help startups understand what it would take to plug in to enterprise systems and become part of the corporate stack.
- Our program is virtual. It is not the old startup accelerator model of desk, pipe, and power with common space.
Do I need to move to San Francisco?
No, this program is completely virtual. This means you don't have to relocate, and startups from around the world are encouraged to apply. If you are interested in meeting in person, once accepted, Wells Fargo will help guide you in making arrangements.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
What kinds of startups or ideas are you looking for?
We're looking for startups with ideas that improve our business processes, our customer relationships, and our infrastructure. This includes:
- Companies involved in analytics, big data, artificial intelligence, mobile, cybersecurity, payments, blockchain, robotics, digital marketing, Internet of Things (IoT), authentication, wearables, and operations, among others.
- Companies with demonstrable products, backed by experience and implementation that envision a large enterprise as the ultimate customer.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
Up to $1,000,000 investment
We fund each selected startup with investments up to $1,000,000. While we have a vested interest in your company's success, we're here primarily to encourage innovation, so Wells Fargo will maintain only a minority equity stake in your company.
Our intensive program helps companies understand what it takes to become part of the corporate stack. After the program, companies may continue to work with us on proof of concepts across different business lines within Wells Fargo.