UNV invites skilled professionals to support the UN system’s response as national UN Volunteers. Join efforts to mitigate the economic, social and health impacts of this crisis, and to safeguard progress made towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. International UN Volunteers may telecommute or be deployed once travel restrictions are lifted.
If you have qualifications and experience in any of the following areas, we encourage you to register (or update your profile) on UNV’s web application system and enter COVID-19 as a keyword in your ‘Motivation Statement’:
1) Health professionals
- Respiratory Physicians
- ICU/Anesthetic Nurses
- Infection Control Nurses
- Psychologists (with experience in trauma/stress counselling)
- Biomedical/Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Public Health Specialists (other)
- Health Statisticians
- Health Surveillance Specialists
2) Non-health professionals
Emergency & Crisis management
- Health Emergency Managers
- Child Protection Specialists
- Monitoring & evaluation Specialists (related to health and/or emergencies), and Reporting
- Gender-based Violence Project/Programme Specialists
- Health Procurement Specialists
- Health Supply Chain Specialists (pharmacist, equipment, cold chain)
Sanitation & Hygiene
- WASH (with a focus on hygiene) Specialists
- Medical Waste Management Specialists
Communications & Data management
- Communications for Development Specialists
- Information Management Specialist (with experience in health emergencies)
- Data Collection & Management Specialists (related to health)
Statistics & others
- Socio-economic & Health Assessment Specialists
- Economic Development Specialists
- Livelihoods Specialists
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Candidates need to
- have at least two years of professional experience,
- be at least 22 years old for national UN Volunteer assignments, and at least 25 years old for international UN Volunteer assignments.
Additional requirements will be described in the Descriptions of Assignment (equivalent to terms of reference). Make sure to check them.
Your profile should highlight any prior experience in health-related emergencies.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
- Duration: from 3-12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Starting date: many will require candidates to be available at short notice (1-2 weeks)
- Conditions of service: monthly living allowance to cover housing, basic needs and utilities; settling-in-grant; life, health and permanent disability insurance; return airfares (if applicable).
- More details will be included in the specific descriptions of assignments and may vary depending on the volunteer category (national or international UN Volunteer; Specialist or Youth assignment).