The scholarships are awarded to fund the enrolment in and attendance of a PhD program in Economics abroad for the academic years 2021/2022 and 2022/2023
How to apply
Candidates may only apply online using the application available on the Foundation’s website at www.unicreditfoundation.org. All the documentation accompanying the application must be submitted exclusively online in one file (PDF format) and must be written in English.
In the application candidates must declare:
- their first name, surname, nationality, taxpayer’s code, date and place of birth;
- their mailing address, including post code, as well as telephone number and e-mail address;
- in which country(-ies) they intend to follow a course of specialization, in addition to their chosen university(-ies);
- the course they intend to attend, the study and research program that they intend to complete and the goals that they want to achieve;
- that they possess good knowledge of the foreign language used in the university courses for which the scholarship will be spent;
- that they have not been awarded any other scholarship for the entire duration of the Fabrizio Saccomanni scholarship, and commit to inform the Foundation in case of subsequent award of any other scholarship;
- that they have never been convicted of a crime and that they have never been held in preventive detention or under house arrest;
- that there are no criminal proceedings pending against them;
- that they authorize the Foundation to process their personal details, pursuant to regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016.
Candidates’ applications, complete with the accompanying documentation, must be submitted online no later than November 15, 2020, following the procedure indicated on the website. No application will be accepted after the deadline.
The Foundation’s Scientific Committee will be responsible for the selection procedure and will identify the winners of the scholarships. The Scientific Committee, appointed by the Foundation’s Board of Directors, is composed of academic experts in economics and finance from the main European countries. The Committee intends to give priority to suitable candidates who will start a PhD in the fall 2021. The Committee may call the candidates for an interview.
Date of award of the scholarships
The scholarships will be awarded by 31 January 2021 by the Chairman of the Foundation on the basis of the final decision expressed by the Scientific Committee as provided for under art. 6.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The scholarships are aimed only to those graduates below 28 years old and who obtained their degree not longer than three years before the issuing date of the competition notice.
To be eligible for the competition, applicants must be:
- either citizens of all 13 countries1 where UniCredit is present, with a degree from any university (also outside the geographical area of the Group) or
- citizens of any nationality with a degree from any European university within the geographical area of the Group;
- have obtained (or be about to obtain, by July 31 2021) a degree (at least three years in duration) in the fields of economics, banking or finance, with a final top mark; and 4) must have good knowledge of the foreign language used in the university courses for which the scholarship will be spent.
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
- The amount of each scholarship is €65,000 (or equivalent) before tax for the entire 2-year period, awarded to cover either student’s living costs or tuition fees for the entire duration of the scholarship.
- The winners must notify UniCredit Foundation whether the scholarship’s amount must be paid as tuition fees to the University or as student’s living allowance to the winner. In the former case UniCredit Foundation will pay the full amount directly to the University where the student has enrolled, while in the latter the Foundation will pay directly the winner. The Fabrizio Saccomanni scholarship is incompatible with any other scholarship. At least one of the two scholarships will be awarded to a female candidate.
Renewal of scholarship
- The winners of the scholarship who attend the course of study with successful results, assessed to discretion of the Foundation, may upon request obtain renewal of the scholarship for the following year of study.
Possible cooperation with UniCredit Companies
- UniCredit reserves the right to offer to the recipients of the scholarship, while they are still attending the courses at the foreign university or once they have got their degree, employment or any form of cooperation with Group companies (on topics of particular interest to the Group).
Acceptance of all the conditions of the regulations
- Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of the entire contents of these regulations.