Unity Technologies is looking for a Technical Artist Intern for an 11 month paid internship, on-site at our Brighton office, starting in the Summer of 2020. You will be working with the Content Team, who produce a wide range of tutorials, example projects, and interactive content that reaches millions of our users.
We want you to work with us to support aspirational projects that showcase the latest developments in realtime technology. You will be solving a wide variety of creative and technical tasks, so as a Technical Artist keen to expand their skills, we will make sure that you can learn and grow along with the product.
- Collaborate with the team with creative, technical and administrative tasks
- Create assets whilst following direction from other members on the team
- Perform tasks within the Unity Editor involving particle effects, shaders, scene setup, and lighting and baking
- Evaluating new content for use within the Unity Learn Educational platform
- Anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot issues throughout production
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Relevant Experience
- Currently studying at University and looking for a placement year as part of your studies
- Enrolled on a Games, Computer Science, Traditional Art, Illustration, or Animation related degree
- Knowledge of content creation packages such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender and Adobe Creative Suite
- Maintain a consistent standard of work
- Experience using real-time engines and some knowledge of engine workflows
- Knowledge of modern realtime rendering workflows
- Concept creation, graphic design or UI design
- Knowledge of 2D content creation pipeline
- Basic knowledge of computer science principles