The Europe Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Europe to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments.
How to apply
You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for this scholarship.
Applications close on the same dates every year:
- 30 November for semester 1
- 30 April for semester 2.
To apply, you must have already received a letter of offer from UQ and provide us with:
- Personal/motivational statement - this statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
- The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
- Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter in English from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer. The academic reference letter should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
UQ ranks among the world’s top universities, as measured by several key independent rankings, including the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2020 (31)*, U.S. News Best Global Universities Rankings 2020 (36), the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities 2019 (39), QS World University Rankings 2021 (46), Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019 (54), and Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 (62).
180 UQ staff (including honorary and adjunct appointments) and emeritus professors are Fellows of Australia’s five learned academies, AAS, AAHMS, ASSA, ATSE, and AAH.
UQ is one of only three Australian members of the global Universitas 21, a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8) universities, and a member of Universities Australia.
Teaching and learning excellence
Skilled and motivated teachers are integral to providing positive teaching and learning outcomes for students.
UQ has a strong focus on teaching excellence, having won more Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) than any other in the country and attracting the majority of Queensland's highest academic achievers, as well as top interstate and overseas students.
We are committed to excellence in learning experiences and outcomes for our students.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Citizens of a country within Europe, who normally reside in that country and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship for tuition fees.
- Students who have received an offer for a relevant postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: November 30, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- 50% - 100% tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee
- Students will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. Students will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, students will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon their professional networks at home and abroad.
Join the elite BEL Global Leaders community of high achievers and gain priority access to a variety of events and initiatives.