United States of America
Founded in 1965, the University of Southern Indiana enrolls over 11,000 dual credit, undergraduate and graduate students in more than 130 areas of study. A public higher education institution, located on a beautiful 1,400-acre campus in Evansville, Indiana, USI offers programs through the College of Liberal Arts, Romain College of Business, College of Nursing and Health Professions, and the Pott College of Science, Engineering, and Education.
USI is a Carnegie Foundation Community Engaged University and offers continuing education and special programs to more than 20,000 participants annually through Outreach and Engagement. The University offers study-abroad opportunities in more than 60 countries, and is host to international students from around the globe.
A competitive member of NCAA Division II and the Great Lakes Valley Conference, USI offers 17 varsity intercollegiate men's and women's sports.
Dr. Ronald S. Rochon serves as USI's fourth president.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
- Before completing the International Student Scholarship Application, students must first apply for admission and be accepted to USI.
- Complete the International Student Scholarship application by the deadline.
- Have a demonstrated record of achievement with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher on a 4 point scale.
- Have or plan to have a non-immigrant visa (i.e. a F-1 or J-1 student visa).
- Preference given to freshmen (first time student who has not attended any colleges or universities after high school with the exception of ESL study). Can start in the Intensive English Program first, but must complete the International Student Scholarship application with original application/acceptance to USI.
The international student scholarship application consists of four components: the application, two recommendation forms with recommendation letters or comments, and two short essays. The international scholarship review committee will award available scholarships to appropriate applicants based on varying factors.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
- International Merit Scholarships range from $500-$3,000 per year, renewable for the duration of the academic program, including Intensive English.
- Global Leader Scholarships are equivalent to instate tuition waivers estimated at approximately $10,656 per academic year.
- Global Ambassador Scholarships provide tuition, room, and board on campus for students who are enrolled in a degree program. Unavailable at this time.
- Intensive English Program Top Achiever provides a one-time $500 scholarship to a top performing student completing level 6 of the IEP and continuing into a bachelor’s degree program at USI.