Our program will support early- stage and growth-stage technology startups with disruptive products & services that have potential to be brought into the market and scale into profitable, revenue-generating businesses.
Vodacom Digital Accelerator is a program that seeks start-ups that have innovative solutions and provides facilitation to take these businesses to the next level.
The startups will have access to mentorship, co-working space, hosting assistance, Vodacom and Smart Codes staff advisors and business development trainings.
Vodacom Tanzania is looking for startups that have innovative solutions for Fintech, E-commerce, Telecom, Health, Mobile, Education, Agriculture and Media.
Area of Focus
Our acceleration programs will focus on the listed operating sectors in the tech field.
Steps for accelerating in the Digital Innovators Program:
- Application: Online applications will be opened to Startups.
- Selection: Applications will be reviewed based on the criteria set and the top 20 startups will be selected for acceleration.
- Acceleration: Selected startups will go on an acceleration program by Smart Lab.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We are excited about Startups that incorporate technology to solve market-relevant problems backed by committed founders.
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP): Applicants should have at least a functioning version of their product/service.
- Involve technology: Should ideally be using technology or plan to incorporate technology into their product/service.
- Africa focused: Startups should be working on solutions to relevant problems in the African context.
- Scalable: Products/services should have potential for scale reaching many users or generating high revenues in the future.
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
What do you stand to gain?
- Sponsorship: Vodacom will provide sponsors for the selected applicants who will act as mentors for the candidates.
- Vodacom Foundation Projects: The start-ups will have access to a segment of Vodacom’s wide reaching active customer base for product testing.
- Technical support: Startups in the program will receive technical support in terms of hosting, software development, advisory, and integration.
- Partnering in Corporate Social Responsibility: Startups with a social responsibility focus in health, education, financial inclusion or human resources can utilize their product /platform to support ongoing.
- Mpesa for Business Services: Monetary transactions and collections made on behalf of our incubated startups (for work related purposes) will be exclusively be done via Vodacom M-Pesa.
- Follow-on investment for Growth: Startups that do well in the program will receive follow-on investment to rapidly grow their startup across the country and in Africa.
- Go to market strategy: Startups will receive help crafting their go to market strategies, growth strategies, and marketing strategies.