The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young people under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
The WSA are a unique awards system, selecting and promoting local digital innovation with high impact on improving society. Is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. Winners benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
The World Summit Awards promotes and awards also young innovators, who developed a digital application tackling the UN SDGs. The WSA Young Innovators is a special recognition for young social entrepreneurs under 26 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
Together with the WSA winners of each year, they are honored as outstanding digital innovation with social impact
The WSA Jury process is a strictly democratic and transparent system to guarantee a fair and diverse selectionof worldwide digital innovation. Once a project is nominated for the World Summit Awards it has to pass several stages of evaluation and assessment before it can become a WSA Winner and maybe even a Global Champion.
The evaluation criteria consists on 5 technical criteria (Content; Functionality; Design; Technology; Innovation) and 2 strategic criteria (Impact; Global/UN value)
Participation and submission of projects to the WSA Young Innovators
- Taking part in the WSA Young Innovators contest is eligible through submission of a project with a clear digital component to the WSA Database.
- Only submitted and fully filled in applications will be considered by the WSA Young Innovators Jury.
- All information entered in the application form of the WSA Database must be in English.
- Main team members of the projects submitted must be under 26 years of age (born on or after January 1, 1995).
- An especially assembled Jury will evaluate all entries.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The WSA Young Innovators call is eligible for projects that:
- Are developed by young innovators under the age of 26
- Offer digital solutions to any of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Deliver content-rich digital solutions to the user including individuals, businesses, and organisations
- have a strong digital component: websites, apps, SMS based solutions, IoT, wearables etc.
- are market ready or already launched on the market - no ideas or concepts are eligible
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Cost/funding for participants:
The WSA is a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network. This means that winners benefit not from a one time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
Winners of the WSA Benefits
- Invitation to the WSA Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 4 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
Nominees' BenefitsA nomination for the WSA is already a win - these are the rewards
- More coverage on your product. WSA provides nominees with press templates to help them to gain the attention of national media with support of the WSA national experts
- WSA nominee seal to use on websites, social media channels and publications
- Opportunity to receive feedback from the jurors.
- Being nominated for the WSA means to be the best in the respective country in one of our 8 categories. Our experience has shown that this qualification can immensely improve outreach.