Are you Born To Code? Learn how to solve problems using coding as a tool in a peer-to-peer learning environment. Our tuition free programme is open to everyone between the ages of 17 and 35. Applicants are not required to have any prior qualifications. We pathway graduates to full time employment with one of our corporate sponsors.
Our vision, as a Non-Profit organisation, is to unlock youth potential by closing the digital skills gap in Africa. We work within an eco-system of public and private partners to source and train world-class African digital talent; as well as provide our students with a clear path to employment.
- We democratise education: WeThinkCode_ democratises education by making it open and accessible to all talented young people.
- We revolutionise learning: At WeThinkCode_ there are no teachers, no classes, and students learn through a peer-to-peer problem solving environment.
- We partner with Industry: Tuition-free, our two-year course is sponsored by companies looking to support the development of local tech talent in the digital economy.
- We are more than just coding: We have developed our Coding You For Success Framework, which is built around our core values and aims to instil the key behaviours and life skills to best prepare.
- Join the Community: With access to cutting-edge technologies, you'll be coding with world-class students who share the same passion as you.
Students learn to access, filter, compare and use relevant data in order to solve problems and have access to campus seven days a week.
Step One Apply online
No previous education or coding experience required. If you are between 17 and 35 years old, simply complete our online application to find out if you have the potential to become a world-class software engineer.
Step Two Selection Bootcamp
If you pass our online application, we believe you have the potential to become a rock-star software engineer, and you will be invited to attend our 3-week Selection Bootcamp. Here you will be assessed on your attitude, resilience and your ability to solve problems.
Step Three The 2-Year Adventure
Top candidates from the Bootcamp will be selected to join WeThinkCode_ for a full-time two year training course, during which you will learn how to use coding as a tool to solve problems in the digital world. Students will work in various different languages, and you will be challenged to learn continuously.
Step Four Jump Start Your Career
WeThinkCode_ students will have the opportunity to complete paid internships with top Corporates, gaining valuable work experience. Upon successful completion of the course, you will furthermore have a job opportunity with one of these Corporate Sponsors.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Anyone between the age of 17 and 35, who are able to study full-time for two years at our campus in South Africa.
- No prior education or coding experience is required.
- If you are not South African, you are responsible for obtaining a valid work visa / permit valid until 2023.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Cost/funding for participants:
Corporate Sponsors provide not only financial support in order for our students to study at no cost, they also offer internship opportunities to our students, and we work together to ensure that what our students learn is relevant to industry.
There is cost-effective accommodation that has specifically been developed for WeThinkCode_ students and is walking distance from our Joburg campus. We are also working to arrange a cost-effective accommodation solution for WeThinkCode_ Cape Town students.