This is a wonderful opportunity to share your cultural background and knowledge with YUVA’s beneficiaries in Mauritius. Get to know the local culture living and interacting in Mauritian communities. Duly develop yourself as a professional social worker or community service worker with our reputed organisation and challenging environment. It’s a real transformative experience.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
This international internship will last for a minimum of 3 months and can be extended upon your request.
This is a full-time internship position. The role requires 5 days per week, from 9 AM to 4 PM, dedicated to the work of YUVA. However, the time you give is negotiable to balance your needs and what can be achieved in the role.
FREE TRAINING OR SKILLS DEVELOPMENT COURSES
As an Intern, you will be asked to attend (for free) YUVA Academy‘s professional and upon completion of the courses you will be awarded an internationally-recognised certificate.
SOME OF THE AREAS YOU CAN VOLUNTEER IN:
Internships have been held in many departments, including:
- humanitarian and education
- independent living services
- human resources
- youth engagement
- international relations
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
We welcome applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. The specific criteria of roles will vary, but in general, the following minimum criteria are required:
- you should be 18 or older;
- you should have basic computer skills; and
- you should have good written and spoken business English.
You can apply if you are a university student or graduate, or if you have left school or are looking for voluntary experience in your gap year. We also welcome applications from those returning to the workplace or looking for a change in career.
Candidates must demonstrate a strong interest in the voluntary sector.
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
All our internships are voluntary.
You will be given:
- a thorough induction and supervision;
- a place to work at our head office in Port Louis;
- the opportunity to join our internal training and development courses;
- a certificate and reference on completion of your placement; and
- an opportunity to develop your professional skills and boost your CV.
Stay & food: Self-funded
Period: Full-time (minimum 3 months)