The program aims to incubate 10 innovative social enterprises led by young entrepreneurs, which contribute to solving problems of water, sanitation, hygiene, water contamination and / or water scarcity in Latin America and the Caribbean.
3 of these youth teams have already been chosen through the e-Hackathon on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in Informal Settlements. This public call will define the remaining 7.
Young Water Solutions is an international non-profit organization that aims to develop and support the potential of young people to contribute to universal water, sanitation hygiene and water resources management. We do so by empowering young leaders and entrepreneurs, providing them the tools to carry out water and sanitation projects and launch social businesses in their communities. We promote an integrated approach and support initiatives that address inter linked challenges such as climate change adaptation, reforestation, youth employment, gender equality and food security.
Based in Brussels, Young Water Solutions was co-founded in 2015 by 16 young and senior water professionals from 11 different countries but with a common vision: a world where young people contribute to making access to clean water and sanitation an everyday reality for all people on Earth.
Our mission is to make an effective and scalable contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals, by empowering young people to implement water solutions in their communities. By 2030, we aspire to empower over 1,000 young leaders, including at least 500 young women, to implement water solutions in their communities so that at least 1,000,000 people can rely on clean water and sanitation and enjoy a life in dignity.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
The main requirements to apply include:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of application
- Be a citizen and resident of a country in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Be the founder or co-founder of the business idea, and have time to develop it
- Present a business idea that solves a water, sanitation and/or hygiene problem and is in its infancy, ready to be tested
- Be able to understand and express yourself in Spanish
Before starting your application, review the following documents:
- Terms of Reference, which include more information on the conditions to apply and selection criteria;
- Application Guide, which provides information on how to complete the form.
- Offline form, to prepare your answers.
Deadline: December 06, 2020
Cost/funding for participants:
The Young Water Fellowship program offers one year of support that includes:
- 2-week business training applied to water and sanitation companies in Lima (100% paid) in March 2021 (exact dates and modality to be confirmed, due to current travel restrictions);
- Bi-monthly coaching by our team, and assignment of mentors;
- Opportunity to receive seed capital (up to € 5000) for the pilot project.