The Youth Summit is a unique 3-day event for young people from Western Balkans and beyond to share their views on pro-democracy discourse and to use their knowledge, skills and the chance to connect with 200 young people from the region and beyond to address challenges and threats democracy is facing today.
Exploring Ways to Enhance Democratic Processes
- mobilization of communities through activism and other creative ways
- democratic chances in North Macedonia compared to similar processed around the globe
- different forms of political participation that do not include high-level politics but include online and offline campaigning
- peacebuilding through sports and art
Dealing with the Past
- Building bridges between divided communities and overcoming challenges produced by wars in the 90s
Western Balkan Countries and the EU
- Status of Western Balkan countries without the EU ascension processes
The previous four Youth Summits offered engaging and interesting insight into democratic processes and peace activism, prompting discussions and debates from various perspectives.
This year, we decided to keep the conversation going, but also to invite young people everywhere to get out there and walk the talk – which is why the Summit will offer engaging, interactive workshops that will allow participants to put all they have learned into practice.
Get the chance to listen to and learn from some of the most prominent youth leaders and activists from the Western Balkans region and beyond
Above all, we want your experience at Skopje Youth Summit to be a fun and memorable one – and we promise to offer content that can make that happen!
Connect with over 200 like-minded young politicians, human rights professionals and civil society representatives
This is more than just a panel-type conference – join us in interactive and engaging workshops where you will be given the chance to apply learned knowledge in the field of human rights protection and democratic participation.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
In order for your application to be eligible, you need to:
- be aged between 18 and 35
- have residence in one of the Western Balkan countries*
- have knowledge in English enough to be actively involved in activities
- be active in the civil or political sector within your country or on a regional level
Skopje Youth Summit is for young people who are unafraid to challenge the status quo, who are passionate about building peaceful, democratic societies across the world and who are curious to learn and exchange knowledge with others.
Deadline: November 20, 2019
Program Starts: December 03, 2019
Program Ends: December 05, 2019
Cost/funding for participants:
The Youth Initiative will cover for travel, accomodation and meal costs for the duration of the Youth Summit.