Australia Bangladesh Kenya South Africa
For impact entrepreneurs around the world, ygap’s accelerator programs provide support and guidance for local leaders with solutions to local problems.
Our accelerator programs aim to back impact entrepreneurs – or as we like to call them ‘local leaders’ –who have solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities.
Rather than imposing our perceived solutions on a foreign community, we support these local leaders who live there and have developed their own. Meaning our role is simply help refine and scale their solutions.
We do this in three stages:
- ACCELERATE: The startups we select go through a one week live-in accelerator where their business models are strengthened and they are equipped with the tools they need to turn their startups into viable ventures.
- SUPPORT: After the accelerator we provide strategy and business mentorship, marketing support, legal and accounting help and access to small grants.
- GROW: The most impactful ygap entrepreneurs will move into growth, where they access larger support and funding to grow their ventures.
Opportunity is About:
Candidates should be from:
Description of Ideal Candidate:
Deadline: The application period is open for one or more cycles a year
Cost/funding for participants:
The ygap Accelerator Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate impact entrepreneurs in South Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change the lives of South Africans. If you are successful in your application you:
- ATTEND THE YGAP ACCELERATOR – An intensive five day live-in workshop in Johannesburg where you join a small group of ygap entrepreneurs and access world class entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your business and accelerate the growth of your venture.
- ACCESS THE YGAP SUPPORT NETWORK – Beyond the accelerator you receive ongoing training and support from ygap and we connect you to experts and professionals who can help you as you launch and grow your business.Specifically we provide you with 6 months of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for your venture). Your venture also has the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (up to R10,000) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture.
- ACCESS GROWTH SUPPORT & CONNECTIONS – The best ygap entrepreneurs move into growth, where we provide larger amounts of support to help you grow a model that have proven in the startup phase. At this level you can access larger rounds of funding, of over $10,000 Australian dollars (typically $25,000), are connected directly to our investor partners and our team work closely with you to strategise specific approaches that will help you dramatically increase your impact and sustainability.