We invest in Small and Growing Businesses.
- Looking for investment of between $5,000 and $50,000 to grow?
- Looking for support to improve the business, e.g. managing money, making more sales or recruiting better staff.
- Passionate about creating good quality jobs for people in your local community?
Is the business:
- More than 1-year old and registered in Kenya or Uganda?
- Generating monthly revenue of $2000 or above?
- Employing more than 4 full time members of staff
If the answer to all these questions is, “yes“, we want to hear from you!
Investing in Good Jobs
We grow high potential small businesses in Kenya and Uganda. This creates safe, secure and fairly paid work where it’s needed most.
A sustainable and scalable model to create millions of good jobs in emerging markets
By combining long term investment with our step by step growth methodology, we challenge conventional investor logic and make previously unviable investments, viable.
Through this journey, we deploy our Good Jobs Framework to create safe, secure and fairly paid work that moves entire families out of poverty.
Globally, 2 billion people work in the informal sector. In East Africa, it’s around 75% of the population. Women and youth are disproportionately represented. Informal work is typically low paid, insecure and unsafe. The benefits of economic development are only unlocked through access to Good Jobs.
Exceptional informal sector entrepreneurs do exist. We believe there are over 2 million in sub-Saharan Africa with the potential to create 40 million Good Jobs. Currently, they are excluded from investment and support to grow. As a result, they start small and stay small – a huge missed opportunity.